I need a new mattress!! any ideas????

I have a king size futon and no one to share it with, it's great! Waking up in the morning and stretching out and getting up slowly is the best.

Mark

I think I found the perfect answer to the King size bed issue. We stayed in a flash resort in Vanuatu recently, and were horrified when they showed us to our room - with 2 single beds! No problem, the house girls pushed them together and made it up as a king size bed, and I have to say, I had the best sleep I've ever had! Because you are both sleeping on separate beds, so no disturbing your partner - perfect!

We did a bit of research on our return and found out that 2 x king single beds joined together are the same dimensions as one king size bed, which makes moving them around a lot easier. You can also select the mattress that suits each of you (as long as they're the same height) and make them up as one king size bed.

We were looking around for a king size timber frame bed, so the mattresses would drop in (and help with keeping them together). We shopped around at the factories, like "Makin' Mattresses" and "Dial-a-Bed" which seem to charge exhorbitant prices. But if you keep an eye out for sales, or even on Ebay, and make sure the dimensions are correct, you should be able to pick up a bargain.

It all worked out a bit more than we wanted to pay at the time, but we will definitely look at doing it next time.

I think I found the perfect answer to the King size bed issue. We stayed in a flash resort in Vanuatu recently, and were horrified when they showed us to our room - with 2 single beds! No problem, the house girls pushed them together and made it up as a king size bed, and I have to say, I had the best sleep I've ever had! Because you are both sleeping on separate beds, so no disturbing your partner - perfect!

We have some Swedish friends who have their bed set up this way - apparently it is the norm over there. They have one bottom fitted sheet, but have two king single size doonas, so no more fighting over the blankets. A great idea I think...

Nadia

Hi to all, I'm new here. IKEA is always a good choice. But if you're looking for reasonable (I take it that means cheap), then head out to the used furniture stores...of course, that is, if you're not so particular about the previous owners.

I think the general idea Mark is that its usually a case of "your place or mine??"

:D

Or maybe they toss for the crack! A bit like the wet spot :eek:

Bloss,

Don't you worry about falling in between the mattresses during *ahem* 'extra curricular activities'?

Mark

That was my thought innitially but it was a big square, so you just go at it across the bed or pick a side, but really, it doesn't seem to be an issue as they were velcroed together and had some sort of heavy mattress protector on top so couldnt really feel or notice a join.

Dave

funny how half the threads on this forum are degenerating into either religious discussion or sex...:p

looks like we have found the solution...have found a Simmons mattress at forty winks that is a pocket spring (with some massive spring count) and has a 4 inch talalay latex cushion top...very comfortable.

kept going back to 40 winks at Aspley because they were the only folks who really gave a stuff about us...all the other retailers and discounters where a bit ho-hum when we said it was an insurance job from the storms...

I was impressed with the new flex gel range too - it is superb, but SWMBO wasn't keen on it.

thanks to everyone for their assistance - very much appreciated!!:)

Back