I was not allowed to give kudos

Hi everybody,

Quick question, when I tried to give a poster Kudos, on the screen came up that I couldnt give ******** kudos because I had to share them around.

I am very selective about who I give Kudos to and do not give it to the same people, or at least not that I am aware of.

Why did it say this?

Thanks Mrs Bird

The current settings on the forum are such that you can give no more than 10 kudos votes in any 24 hour period, and you must give kudos votes to 5 other people before you can vote for a person again. This is so we can reduce the chance of people abusing the system.

Note that I do occasionally run checks on the database to ensure that nobody is abusing the kudos system, and I will remind everyone that acts such as soliciting kudos votes is also considered abuse of the system, and abuse will be dealt with harshly.

Edit: as Jamie was going to point out ... there is a FAQ about Kudos

Sim said:
and you must give kudos votes to 5 other people before you can vote for a person again.

Thanks Sim, makes sense now.

Must of given the same person Kudos without realising that you have to give 4 others in between.

Mrs Bird :)

Sim said:
This is so we can reduce the chance of people abusing the system.

Note that I do occasionally run checks on the database to ensure that nobody is abusing the kudos system, and I will remind everyone that acts such as soliciting kudos votes is also considered abuse of the system, and abuse will be dealt with harshly.

What "reward" would one get if one did abuse the Kudo system?...if I was able to grant myself a million "undeserved" Kudo's...it just wouldnt matter, a difference that makes no difference is not a difference. Why bother to be part of the forum unless you want help and wish as far as you are able to help others.?

Bah,

I can now only give Kudos to one person a day because of that 10 point limit :)

Sim, maybe it should be an X people a day limit instead.....

(BTW Always_learning IF your wife & girlfriend do know about each other, could you post some of the pictures :D)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I have a question about Kudos

The Kudo list in our User CP section is a limited listing, that is, the earlier Kudos dissapear from the bottom of the list as more cornflakes come in at the top of the packet.

There is a post of which I am particularly fond and someone very kindly sent me a kudo for it, but that was in 2003? and I can't track that post just by going back into the general archives.

How can I view the full Kudo list so I can access the link back to that post?

Thanks

Kristine

At the moment there is no way of showing older entries in the list. It is technically possible, but would require some effort to do so. Hopefully the next release of the software will help in this area.

If there's something specific you want to track, I could go hunting through the database by hand for you if you like.

Back