I'm watching a business fail

My experience with Asians and business in general (again, my experience and opinion) is that they tend more towards quantity rather than quality, more often than not.
They seem drop prices hoping to achieve more profit by getting more customers from lower prices and trying to do more turnover.
This is often where customer service falls short, because they are so busy working hard for small margins.
Rarely have I seen Asian businesses concentrate more on quality and keeping prices high, and working on becoming better at selling/marketing.
This comes down to culture again.
Of course this depends on the product being sold, but I'm referring more to the restaurant, consumables, etc markets here.
Asians love bargains and almost always shop on price alone.
This in turn affects the way Asian businesses have to structure their pricing.
They just cut each others throats in business if they are targetting the same type of customer.

My wife is Chinese, I'm half Chinese, my daughter is 3/4 Chinese....
I have no reason to put them down, but this is all from personal experience.
Of course, all other races are not perfect either and comes down to interpretation.
However, there are clear distinctions between how some races carry out business, and it mostly comes down to culture.

so really you're sort of chinese. You should go to asia - get some worldly experience. i think categorizing restaurants and small milkbars are only one sided view of asian business.

take a developer (for example far east consortium) they been doing high end developments in melbourne, hong kong etc with high end services.

Yes - the rude waiters at restaurants are a letdown but you can choose to either go there or not.

Well, I had dinner at a Teppanyaki Bar in Broadbeach a few nights ago, and the Chinese Malay waitress provided the best service I've had in the last 60 odd dining experiences across Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. And Jason our chef was the epitomy of professionalism and politeness.

On the whole, although some Asians can be clipped and curt in manner, or have language issues, I find on average they retain a politeness that sadly many younger Westerners working in the service sector, have not had bred into them, or been taught by their employer, or they intentionally see as un-cool and superfluous.

Back