investing $500

Ahh..if only I had a strong back and liability insurance to be allowed on site!

Would be great if that opening into a niche market presented itself earlier rather than later, as I can imagine that spending time relisting items might end up more hassle than it's worth if you don't pick your items well.
Ie. I think I'd rather spend a few hours in my week reading investing books or networking as apposed to trawling through eBay/Gumtree and having to store items in my living room - but each to their own! (And I obviously haven't
made a business out of it like you have Ace.)

Different approaches create different results.
It's the experience and lessons learned that count the most.
Reading investing books can only take you so far, the action of doing is what creates the real results from experience.
Reading lots of books, makes you a good reader.
A student doctor who aces all exams, but faints at the sight of blood, just won't work.

Different approaches create different results.
It's the experience and lessons learned that count the most.
Reading investing books can only take you so far, the action of doing is what creates the real results from experience.
Reading lots of books, makes you a good reader.
A student doctor who aces all exams, but faints at the sight of blood, just won't work.

yeah I hate a bit of a trawl through gumtree last night. Got a lot of responses from sellers saying "stop wasting my time". D'oh!

Hello onesixzeros. Not sure if you are serious or not but here goes .. sigh

Keep saving money, when you have $1000 shop for a term deposit interest rate
Lend to a stupid family member at compound rates
Keep for emergencies
Keep saving money. When you have 5k open a Vanguard account and continue to invest $100 at regular intervals
Check out mr money moustache or financial mentor for retirement advice and follow such
Spend it on an experience you will never forget

Happy silly season
Heinz

Would love some help and info on investing $500. Playing with the share market is all I can think of, but it's so little to play with.

Any info you guys can give me?

Why the stock market?
What time frame?
How much risk are you willing to take?
Are you chasing income or capital growth?

Realize you will lose some money in brokerage when buying and selling (probably around 4% of your $500 for each transaction)

Jokes aside, do your parents have a mortgage with offset?

If you can link your savings account to their mortgage, they can pay you the 4.9% interest saving and it's tax free. Not like the bank interest you're earning now.

Hello onesixzeros. Not sure if you are serious or not but here goes .. sigh

Keep saving money, when you have $1000 shop for a term deposit interest rate
Lend to a stupid family member at compound rates
Keep for emergencies
Keep saving money. When you have 5k open a Vanguard account and continue to invest $100 at regular intervals
Check out mr money moustache or financial mentor for retirement advice and follow such
Spend it on an experience you will never forget

Happy silly season
Heinz

Vanguard account? havent heard of that one!

Back