Investment Seminars in Sydney (26 March - 1 April)

Just wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend any reputable investment seminars that are on in Sydney (or surrounds) in the last week of March? Heading over there for a wedding from remote WA and would love to attend anything useful that may be on (Bought out first IP last year and hungry for more!). We don't get investment seminars over here!!

Thanks! :D

Just wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend any reputable investment seminars that are on in Sydney (or surrounds) in the last week of March? Heading over there for a wedding from remote WA and would love to attend anything useful that may be on (Bought out first IP last year and hungry for more!). We don't get investment seminars over here!!

Thanks! :D
I can give a big plug to a networking group in Brisbane that is the best I have found, I have no link to the meeting other than it's usually a great night with interesting speakers.

http://www.meetup.com/brisbanepropertygroup/

The reason I mention this group is you might like to consider them as they video all of their evenings and place them online.. so.. worth a thought for anyone in the world interested in property! Perhaps you could even negotiate a discount for membership seeing as you would just like to view the videos and not attend any meetings in person?

http://propertyresourceshop.com/

Y-man, do wage slaves present these?

Yes, paid by tax $. :)

They are presented by the C/Link Financial Information Service Officers (FISO) who are government employed financial advisors (which means they have nothing to sell).

In all seriousness, I have found some of the seminars very useful, especially for helping people who may have started their investment journeys closer to retirement age etc. The seminars on self managed super, restructuring protfolios after you can get to the money etc while minimising tax etc were quite informative.

They also used to serve half decent food - but looks like budget cuts have hit, and they have resorted to coffe and biscuits... :(

The Y-man

They are presented by the C/Link Financial Information Service Officers (FISO) who are government employed financial advisors (which means they have nothing to sell).

The question passes my mind tho - how good are they if they are financial advisors still working for a living?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Currently living in Port Hedland (2 days drive from Perth) which is why we haven't attended any in Perth. Don't get the chance to get to civilisation very often, hence why I am keen to make the most of our time in Sydney.

Appreciate the suggestions and links, please keep them coming!:)

Back