Weddings today

We also would have slightly more presentable outfits.

546706-housos-vs-authority.jpg

Ah memories. Brings a tear to the eye.

Went to a registry office wedding with 2 guests, that would have been cheap.
Tried it myself once but the queue was too long so we gave up.

I'm rocking a pair of trackies right now. I challenge anyone to find me pants that are more comfortable for lounging around the house. The only pants that are better are no pants. But sometimes, you just gotta wear pants.

But I wouldn't be caught dead out in public wearing them. True story: I get changed from my trackies to a pair of jeans if I need to go across the road to get something from the 7/11.

We were married by law in San Francisco with nobody else we knew around. Then married by church in Mexico City which was all arranged by my wife's family. It happened all on short notice as I landed a job in the UK. The 1987 equivalent of the GFC had just hit so none of my friends or family were able to attend. FIL picked up the tab. There were many people on my wife's side attending. The wedding was in the morning, the. Then the reception in a beautiful hacienda, and finally the after party complete with a mariachi band. It was a fantastic day, but then I'm a bit biased.

The vows were in English so I don't have any "out" clauses on that.

I'm rocking a pair of trackies right now. I challenge anyone to find me pants that are more comfortable for lounging around the house. The only pants that are better are no pants. But sometimes, you just gotta wear pants.

But I wouldn't be caught dead out in public wearing them. True story: I get changed from my trackies to a pair of jeans if I need to go across the road to get something from the 7/11.

DH was stoked when he found a pair of tracky pants made out of like teddy bear material in Japan last week. It's like being married to Fozzy Bear :rolleyes:
And at 6'4" it was a surprise that the largest size did fit him. Onya Uniqlo!!

Anyway weddings - I think ours cost $15k in 2003. We did many things on the cheap/realistic:
- 3 tier wedding cake from Miss Maud Pier St for $120
- $10 table centre pieces ($2 vase, christmas decorations, $1 Ikea tea lights)
- no DJ. DH is 6'4 and I'm 5'2" and we look ridiculous dancing together. We did CDs of music.
- reception at Duxton in the city with people being given a choice of 4 dishes on their RSVP so that the venue knew numbers, no chicken/beef alternate drop, but still a variety without the cost of people choosing on the night
- Mates' rates for the Cathedral (there has to be an upside to having clergy for parents)
- no relatives just friends with the exception of parents, immediate siblings and one aunt/uncle.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
Mates' rates for the Cathedral (there has to be an upside to having clergy for parents)
That would have made it Westminster Abbey then?

Also interesting that peoples' heights, like babies' weights, are almost the last vestiges of the pre metric system still in common use.

Worst wedding I went to was a friends where his wife was vegan and had mandated that the entire reception food be vegan for all guests. So it was chick pea "no meat" steaks and tofu for everyone. By the end, the guests were ropable about the rubbish food and got pizzas delivered to to carpark.

We're getting married in the Cook Islands in March. Only thing we've organised so far is a celebrant to be available at 3 PM . (I'm after a few witnesses and a photographer for a beach wedding if anyone wants to come? )
Then down to Hobart for a cocktail party with all the family and friends and then to Adelaide to see the Rolling Stones.

I've jokingly told my Daughter if she wants to get Married I'll give them $5000 to elope. Maybe not so jokingly!

Weddings are like cars and rings... some like to spend 5K on them, others 15K, and others 50K, and so on.

The problem is only when you spend big but can't afford it.

DaveM,

Love it... pizzas in the carpark at a wedding :D.

Mandating everyone eat vegan at your wedding when you're not vegan should have rang alarm bells for your friend.

So is the non vegan husband allowed to eat meat at home now that they are married?

Are they still married?

Worst wedding I went to was a friends where his wife was vegan and had mandated that the entire reception food be vegan for all guests. So it was chick pea "no meat" steaks and tofu for everyone. By the end, the guests were ropable about the rubbish food and got pizzas delivered to to carpark.

hahaha - we went to one like that too ... the worst part was that most of the menu was made up of fake meat dishes made from tofu etc.

What I couldn't understand is that, when there are so many nice vegetarian dishes available, why do the disgusting fake thing?

One of the women at our table ended up spitting her mouthful into her handbag it was so revolting.

Ex-hubby went for a Maccas run for our table of non vegetarians

MTR, this is how it's gonna go down:

Her: I'm not haaaaaappy anymore, I'm frivorcing you.
Him: But I did everything you wanted! I even stopped eating meat because you asked me to!
Her: Well.... I love you, but I'm not *in love* with you. I need to find a man.
Him: You need a man? What do you think I am?
Her: You used to be a man, until you started doing everything I wanted. I'm not spending the rest of my life living with a doormat.

I'm so certain that's what's gonna happen, I'd put money on it.

Fab
You never know, the stats are not looking good.

I know a couple who split up because the husband ran off with the neighbours husband, .... of course, nothing wrong with that .... as Seinfeld would say;)

You never know, the stats are not looking good.

The biggest sign is her insisting on everyone eating a vegan meal, despite the fact that (most likely) she was the only vegan there.

But then again, it's HER wedding day and 'it's all about meeeeeeeeeeeeee' I guess. That's why women love their wedding day - it's the one day in their lives where 100% of the attention is focussed 100% on her.

There's a slim possibility he may be the one to initiate the divorce, but considering women initiate anywhere between 70% and 90% of divorce (depending on which study you read) and this broad comes across as pretty high on the entitlement princess scale (which, in today's society, is saying something) and being vegan, has probably ridden the carousel, then it's looking like a safe bet that she's gonna be the one initiating.

Of course, when she does eventually leave him, naturally it'll be all his fault. *rolls eyes*

Back