Weddings today

most wedding food is gross but went to one on the weekend in the country and it was really nice. Even the fish was locally caught, the sparkling was from a local winery and beers upmarket. nothing worse than bad drinks.... jugs of mainstream etc... yuk.

most wedding food is gross but went to one on the weekend in the country and it was really nice. Even the fish was locally caught, the sparkling was from a local winery and beers upmarket. nothing worse than bad drinks.... jugs of mainstream etc... yuk.

Can you mention the winery, just curious, I am pretty much looking at paying for one in the very near future, damn it.

...and this broad comes across as pretty high on the entitlement princess scale (which, in today's society, is saying something) and being vegan, has probably ridden the carousel, then it's looking like a safe bet that she's gonna be the one initiating.

Leaving aside that she only served vegan food at their wedding, this general attack on vegans is puzzling. Talk about a non sequitur.

Somebody better tell my vegan husband that he is a princess-y, untrustworthy, divorce-happy trollop.

Or, let me guess, he's an effeminate doormat because no self-respecting man would be a vegan?

But really your post had absolutely nothing to do with veganism and everything to do with finding a woman who you could point your finger at and scream 'b*itch!'.

MTR, I work with 2 people, and also know a third outside of work who do wedding cakes, and all are professional looking and creatively made - they're certainly as good as any from the reputable cake companies anyway.

One whipped up the most amazing cupcakes, and I mean amazing cupcakes, as a gift to one girl on completing a course recently just for the enjoyment of it :confused:.

These people mainly do it for friends as they also work fulltime jobs, but I've been told there are heaps of cake makers out there relying on word of mouth, who don't charge exhorbitant prices. You just have to ask around.

Do keep in mind though that they are time consuming to make (this was stressed to me by those I work with) hence the cost but if you shop around I imagine you'd probably still make a significant saving on a large cake.

That would probably apply to most items and services relating to weddings I would think.

Last edited:
Our cake was choc-orange flavour and so yummy. Cost about $250-300 I think for 3 tiers. Too bad the woman that made it is in Melbourne otherwise I'd go to her regularly and just order an undecorated cake :p

Can you mention the winery, just curious, I am pretty much looking at paying for one in the very near future, damn it.

sure - not a winery but a micro brewery - southern end restaurant in denmark. there are 2 chalet developments adjoining that you can walk to and fro and a ceremony area at the front of the reception area with stunning views of the ocean, tho was really hot and sunburny on the weekend

sure - not a winery but a micro brewery - southern end restaurant in denmark. there are 2 chalet developments adjoining that you can walk to and fro and a ceremony area at the front of the reception area with stunning views of the ocean, tho was really hot and sunburny on the weekend

Denmark, now that is an idea, I like the area very much

Just found out today that nieces wedding cake will cost over $700, I am gobsmacked, just for a cake.
My Aunty makes fruit wedding cakes so I had to compromise my first choice of chocolate mudcake and that was her wedding present to me. I got to design it though!

Denmark, now that is an idea, I like the area very much

Denmark sound nice!

Last edited:
Back