Ipswich

Hey, Welcome to the forum DD1. The meetings referred to are the BIG meets, or Brisbane Investors Group. Scroll down to the Meetings section, just above Coffee Lounge and look for when the next BIG meet is on. They are held every month in Brisbane.

Thanks for all the Ipswich updates. I was going to sell a few to reduce debt but I'm not now. Just think of all those lovely rising rents.

Cheers Brenda.

Happy days to come

Brenda thank you for your welcome.

Yeah Ipswich if it wasnt clear is one of my passionate areas. You can also get blown away by the 2021 plan available online from the Ipswich Council. It shows the area of south west(ippy) area having a massive change of 500,000 people moving there by 2021. 3 new cities to be created west of Rosewood, and all of the future schools, both primary and secondary, forcasted and colour coded on the map. It is awesome.

They are also doing a riverlink project to beutify and redevelope the water areas just to the north of the city centre. Stage 1 is $6.5mil this year. All of north IPPY and Brassal are going to go boom boom boom in the next few years based on this alone.

Brassall shopping precinct (haig street) has a sparkling new McDonalds which speaks volumes for what is yet to come. Stay tuned to this spot. I'm getting $210 rent on a house in Brassall now. Onward and upward I say.

Cheers all.

DD1

"They are also doing a riverlink project to beutify and redevelope the water areas just to the north of the city centre. Stage 1 is $6.5mil this year. All of north IPPY and Brassal are going to go boom boom boom in the next few years based on this alone."

God I hope so, I have a house sitting on half an acre in North Ipswich - waiting to be able to split into two blocks :D

Nat :)

Dear DD1,

Together with Brenda I welcome anyone non-local who is positive about the ICC area.
And don’t forget to give back to the area. ;)

If you want someone who knows what they are talking about, talk to a person that lives and breathes the area.

Some additional information from a February post of mine that will help you. We have seen a lot of posters in our time who become “A flash in the pan”. Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to remember this when posting on the forum.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=93175&postcount=13

A new olympic pool is being built in Goodna

The “Goodna Aquatic Centre” was opened at the end of March and has now been open for almost 7 months.

A new retirement home is also being constructed near the river in Goodna

Actually there are three.

-Tully Lodge is a 50 unit retirement village with the first stage being more than 2/3’s completed.
-The Brisbane Tce (One near the river) retirement village is already open for business. However the owners build only on signed contracts. So it will continue to be built for quite sometime.
-67 Smiths Rd –Current development application in for 43 units.

Sringwood is currently the end of the Centenary Freeway from Brisbane CBD, this is now being expanded to the Ripley Valley just below Ipswich.

No such place as “Sringwood.” I believe the place you had intended to say is “Springfield”.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hi,
this post is directed at members of the forum living in or near Ipswich. Which suburb or area is absolutely blue chip -- and will develop into the premier location for residents.

Thanks
Helen

helen said:
Hi,
this post is directed at members of the forum living in or near Ipswich. Which suburb or area is absolutely blue chip -- and will develop into the premier location for residents.

Thanks
Helen

Dear Helen,

Are you really asking where you should be investing with an iron clad guarantee?

I am one who believes in “Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; Teach someone how to fish and you feed them for a lifetime.”

Maybe at the moment you will find this thread more helpful:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859&highlight=fish
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4583&postcount=7

Enjoy the journey. :)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hello Sunstone,

Are you really asking where you should be investing with an iron clad guarantee?

I wish. :) Unfortunately in property there are no iron clad guarantees. :eek:

I am not familar with Ipswich but would like to get a handle on the better areas (up market) -- eg near water. I'm just doing a bit of research at the moment and its still early days. So any input would be most welcome. :)

Regards,
Helen

Helen,
Not much water in Ipswich!!! I guess you could look at the median prices and so forth but remember the places in Ipswich City Council boundaries that have shown the greatest return in the past little while have been the areas previously considered far from 'Blue Chip'. Sunstone can vouch for that.

I might be biased here but the street that I live in has just had a sale of about $550,000. They paid the same amount for land that I did 3 years ago ($64,000) and the house would have cost him $200,000 at absolute most to build. Is that blue chip?

Regards,
Jason

Thanks for the update

Sunstone, thanks for clarifying some of my points and typos. I sit corrected ;) , Suncare Villages in Brassall is another retirement village which is going ahead with a further 3 staged developement there so I was just trying to point out the infrastructure and types of developements happening.

As far as the riverlink project, there are cost blowouts and delays expected. This is rumour only so I cannot tap my sources too much at this stage for definites.

Dinmore to Gailes cross river bypass is under consideration as well. There are concerns that due to pop growth the traffic density will make this unsustainable without further road changes in the area.

Let us all bask in the sun that will shine on happy Ippy for a long time.

DD1

For those of you who do live there or at least travel out there, not doing anything to roads would create massive dramas. Although it is highlighted every day, last weeks freak accident where luckily no-one was seriously injured or killed, really makes the whole commute a shambles. Some days I am required to go onto it for around 1.5kms and it can take up to 10 minutes to get through.

For you guys out in that area, was the election result good for the road situation or bad? Had either party put their hand up to fix the situation?

Mine are further out still and hopefully may feel the effects of this sprawling growth, it is starting to happen already.

Dos!

Hi

Since I saw this thread on particulary on Ipswich I thought I will post my question here as well as its related to the Ipswich area.

I am new to property investment and doing some research for property investment in Ipswich as it was recomended to me by one of the agents.

They are selling a house/land package (600m2, 3Br, Double garage, AirCon, etc) for 300,000 with a weekly rent of 280-300. Its in Raceview area under Ipswich

Is this sounds good, any suggestions/advice would be helpful

Please advice
Rahul

Personally I'd be reluctant to buy a negatively geared property , at the top of the market , in an area that went backwards / sideways for several years after the last peak in the market .

But that just could be me

See Change

When I was in buying mode I had access to Qvas which was a subscription based data service.

Think it's been taken over now but I'm not using it now. When I switch back into buying mode I'll look around for what's available

From memory Ispwich's graph was not disimilar to Logan , which is plotted on the second chart of my Rocky Post.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11656

Note , from the previous peak in the early 90's logan took 8 years before prices got back to their previous level.

But anyway , that's not relevant now days because as everyone now knows, the market is fundamentally different :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and Property Prices never go backwards , do they :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

See Change

I agree with Bicko. You may get that for a 4 bed but no chance for a 3 bed.

Do yourself a favour and get a copy of the Saturday edition of the local paper "The Queensland Times" and have a look at the for rent pages to see for yourself.

Regards,
Jason

They are selling a house/land package (600m2, 3Br, Double garage, AirCon, etc) for 300,000 with a weekly rent of 280-300. Its in Raceview area under Ipswich

Dear Rahul,

For a four bedroom, DLUG, ensuite house close to the train and shopping centre $260/week rental is reasonable in the current market.

When you change the mix and move further from the Brisbane CBD the rent decreases accordingly.

For a practical first port of call on rents:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17838

Don't necessarily be set on purchasing brand new. Your money will go further on a house a few years old. A recent one I have been through sold on a 6.5% gross yield. Research the area and don't be afraid to visit and see it first hand. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Dear guys,

Significant quotes from the just released draft SEQ regional plan show how the ICC area is specifically targeted for growth by the Queensland Government.

Said to be the most important planning document for the future of SE Queensland. Further validating my continued long-term plans and activity. :)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

“Specifically, it will achieve more efficient use of land by creating more compact cities with less urban sprawl and allowing for a greater share of the growth to be situated in the Western Corridor, in and around Ipswich, where infrastructure and jobs will be provided.

SPECIFICALLY, THE DRAFT REGIONAL PLAN INCLUDES AN OVERALL STRATEGY TO ACHIEVE MORE COMPACT CITIES WITH LESS URBAN SPRAWL AND FOR A GREATER SHARE OF THE GROWTH TO BE SITUATED IN THE WESTERN CORRIDOR, WHERE INFRASTRUCTURE AND JOBS CAN ALSO BE PROVIDED.

THIS CORRIDOR INCLUDES THE GREATER IPSWICH AREA, EXTENDING GENERALLY FROM WACOL THROUGH IPSWICH CITY TO AMBERLEY AND INCLUDING EBENEZER, SWANBANK, RIPLEY VALLEY AND SPRINGFIELD.

ONCE FINALISED, THE SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND REGIONAL PLAN WILL BECOME THE NUMBER ONE PLANNING INSTRUMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND.

WE CAN’T JUST DO NOTHING ABOUT THE IMPACT OF POPULATION GROWTH.

(Taken from launch speech.)

http://www.oum.qld.gov.au/Docs/launch/launch_speech.pdf

http://www.oum.qld.gov.au/Docs/draftplan/Draft_Regional_Plan.pdf
http://www.oum.qld.gov.au/?id=241

Dear guys,

Some more worthwhile reading. Anyone serious about the area should look at the future building and population predictions. :eek:

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Ipswich: the growth capital of south-east Queensland

By TONY MOORE
THE state government yesterday threw its weight behind Ipswich as the answer to south-east Queensland’s population growth.

The draft South East Queensland Regional Plan restricts urban development from Brisbane to Toowoomba and north to Noosa and chooses two ways to cope with the 55,000 people moving to SEQ each year.

These are:
Using the Ipswich/western corridor based on Springfield, Ripley and Ipswich. An extra 250,000 could settle in this region if infrastructure was improved; and

Housing an extra 500,000 people in higher-density development around train lines or bus routes. This means increasing the density of living in new "greenfield" site developments.

The regional plan nominates several key issues to guide the growth of Ipswich to cope and encourage the population shift westwards.

The main ones are: Investigating a "high quality’" public transport corridor from Darra to Springfield and Springfield to the Ripley Valley to Ipswich;

Designating Goodna, Springfield and Ripley as major, emerging and future growth centres, attracting further government infrastructure spending; and

Building a western Brisbane bypass with a route yet to be chosen.

The press family of Springfield have to use their cars to get around. -Damian Dunlop

http://www.qt.com.au/storydisplay.c...localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Back