Is anyone buying now?!

Are you buying or looking at buying in the next few months?

• Yes

Votes: 250 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 121 23.7%
  • Only if it's a very good deal

Votes: 140 27.4%

• Total voters
Bought 4 in 2014 and trying to make it 6 for the calendar year if i can be cheeky enough and make funds stretch far enough.

Bought 4 in 2014 and trying to make it 6 for the calendar year if i can be cheeky enough and make funds stretch far enough.

Hey D.T.

do you have a thread on SS anywhere that outlines your strategy or investment journey? reading into your tag of apprentice slumlord I would be interested to know your story :)

Thanks,

Still an apprentice. Can make a thread once ive achieved something if you like :)

Dont be bashful DT...you're selling yourself short.

Im sure your story & property journey to date would be an inspiring read to others since you started out over a decade ago.

Four properties purchased with another 2 on the look out for this year, is definitely nothing to be sneezed at by any means. Credit where credit's due.

Cool where at?

Yeronga/Yeerongpilly area. Got it under contract at 1st open house. Needs a bit of structural work due to foundations issues but a good street. Not without drama though. Council search showed up a current application for resumption of part of the property for road widening. Turns out it was "current" some 40 years ago but not any more!

Didnt the ASX and stock market just crash today?

Iron ores doing shithouse

Interesting little 12-18 month period especially if rates are increased as expected.

Probably not the time to buy generally, however some places will still hold up well and with the recent crash in ASX ect i think the rates might get held back a little longer than expected.

Just my take.

Yes there's a bit of bad news about but what makes you think that will effect the prices of property, it's just a beast unto itself. If the asx is a little shakey and savings IRs are low then where else can money go? You guessed it property!

Dont they usually correlate?

Domino effect

If there isnt anything to mine for, cuts need to be made. Cut in jobs, Incomes ect

Population/everyday people with less money, means less incentive to buy property and more incentive to be conservative. Slows the property market down, prices drop due to more supply than demand.

Im new to learning this stuff so i could be way off. Im wanting to learn and by doing so its best with a discussion from all. Im still young at 23 and learning.

Im certainly it affects other states more than others ect maybe WA more where i live.

Maybe im drawing a long bow.

An opportune time to exit property and pile into the stock market, that's what I'm doing and have been waiting a while for a month like this.

An opportune time to exit property and pile into the stock market, that's what I'm doing and have been waiting a while for a month like this.

half of me agrees with that, half of me thinks thats a bit risky, the sharemarket was supposed to recover all of 2014, but the recent times further clarifies how vulnerable and shaky it is

if you dont mind me asking wategos, how are you piling it back in to the sharemarket?

Stockmarket is a good buy if it can go close to 5000.

Property is good to sell.

Funnily I'm still chasing a few deals but they're quite unique circumstances, otherwise I wouldn't really touch the Syd/Melb markets. Maybe Brisbane?

Back