Is anyone still purchasing property? If so where?

We bought another up in Beenleigh in October, the market was red hot (low availability, high demand). Managed to get a good one that had fallen over due to finance the day before.

We're shopping the inner east of Syd at the moment (so is everyone else in the universe apparently..) and off to Adelaide next month.

Hi All,
About to settle on a 4 bed house in Mornington in Vic....corner block with possibility down the track for 2 dwellings STCA....if that doesnt pan out, dont really mind...good rental anyway :)
Cheers,

I'll be looking to purchase in Sydney, around the 200k mark for a standard 3 bedder. With a few thousand spent on the houses, the rents will be around the $240 p/w and although the growth is not there now, I believe that in the next 12 months this bottom end of the market will shift upwards.

Surely we're not talking $200k houses here are we? :eek: Where abouts in Sydney?

I am hoping to go to contract on a house in the morning. If I get it for the price I want, it should be about an 8% return I think. Yay for me!

Hi Glebe

As Stumunro said, all out west in and around the Mount Druitt and Penrith areas. We just purchased one for 180.5k in ST Marys where the average price is 240k and will more than likely get a rent of $270 P/W.

Hi Glebe

As Stumunro said, all out west in and around the Mount Druitt and Penrith areas. We just purchased one for 180.5k in ST Marys where the average price is 240k and will more than likely get a rent of $270 P/W.

Dash11, if you don't mind answering .... what sort of property? Unit, townhouse or house/land?

Thanks

Martin

I have recently bought in Melbourne, western suburbs but close to city eg Footscray, west footscray, flemington and suburbs within 5km.

I have also bought in West End brisbane about 2km from CBD with large $$$$ planned by govt. also heritage listing on houses but many new developments taking place along ther river. There is also a new bridge being buit that will make it simple to get inot the city.

Also consider most areas in SE QLD for good growth over the coming few years.

Do people think that the GC corridor (ie Beenleigh) has had its quota and no more growth will come? I think it is priced too high at mo so will steer clear.... Anyone else think different?

I thought that as well but it just continues to grow. Although there is still plenty of land to develop the prices just keep going up. Developers are holding off on land releases and only releasing a few blocks at a time which keeps demand and prices up.

The GC is the fastest growing region in Australia and demand for more housing is increasing.

Cheers,

Bazza

Cheers Bazza

Yeh, I think i'll keep my eyes peeled!!!

How much is the newish (ie 2-5 yrs) standard 4/2/2 (600 sqm) going for nowadays.....

When I was looking mid last yr they were in the 350+ region..... Is there still many below 400k??

Cheers Bazza

Yeh, I think i'll keep my eyes peeled!!!

How much is the newish (ie 2-5 yrs) standard 4/2/2 (600 sqm) going for nowadays.....

When I was looking mid last yr they were in the 350+ region..... Is there still many below 400k??

Hi Richie,

Very few. But you can still pick up the odd one for under 400k. We bought a 3/2/2 about 3 months ago for $370k.

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi everyone,

A cousin of mine is selling a 3/1/1 low-set, brick house on 607 sq m in Chermside West, Inner North Brisbane. Asking price is 415 k. Anyone interested please message me for photos, etc.

I've heard the suburbs beginning with M, are the ones to buy.

Funny :)

I've heard that areas starting with the letters P, B and L are the ones to buy in.
i.e. Parramatta city council, Blacktown city council & Liverpool city council

Seriously, why buy something expensive elsewhere and risk seeing it come down in price when you can buy very reasonably priced property in Sydney's outer subs and with plenty of tenants?

Rents have come up and with such a rental shortage landlords will be getting increases of 10% plus annualy.
Also, el cheapo tenants have been priced out of the rental market and have either moved out of town or on to other states.

Cheers

Where abouts are you looking in Adelaide?

looking around the northern suburbs made some inquiries about management fees, seem to be a lot more than what i'm paying in QLD. Up there I'm paying 7 1/2% in Adelaide they seem to be around 10% is this right or are there better deals around

We settle #3 on next week

Yep - we're still buying. We settle IP #3, in Hendra Brisbane, next week. Hope to be working on #4 before mid-year.

Cheers,

Barracuda

Back