Is there a place like this in Melb?

Been looking for a place like where I live now in ADL, but just can't find it in Melb....

- About 5 mins drive from CBD
- Tree lined streets, roads, quiet at night
- 1 min stroll to a high end shopping centre (burnside shopping centre)

I can't find one except East Melbourne, lol.

Last edited:
Albert Park, Middle Park, Carlton. Not sure about the high end shopping though, never been Burnside S.C. but I'm not aware of any SC'c that are within 5 minutes of the city (except for in the CBDitself).

Been looking for a place like where I live now in adl, but just can't find it in Melb....

It's a bit of a case of pick 2 out of 3 and you might find it.

During peak hour, 5 minutes drive from the MEL CBD is still the CBD.

The only large shopping centre I can think of that meets these parameters is actually in the CBD, the rest are probably 10 minutes drive in good traffic, the really good ones are a lot further. Plenty of cafe strips within walking distance though.

You can't really compare the Adelaide CBD to Melbourne. Adelaide is a quiet country town by comparison (which is much nicer IMHO).

Been looking for a place like where I live now in ADL, but just can't find it in Melb....

Plenty.

Cardigan St Carlton
Drummond St Carlton
William St West Melbourne

Tree lined, nature strips in middle, no over developments around 15 minutes closer to Melbourne Central than East Melbourne.

Plenty.

Cardigan St Carlton
Drummond St Carlton
William St West Melbourne

Tree lined, nature strips in middle, no over developments around 15 minutes closer to Melbourne Central than East Melbourne.

Brilliant Streets. +1

I prefer Drummond Street and Rathdowne Street in Carlton North however.

You can look at Kensington/Flemington area, those are a quick drive to the city and you have the option of the CBD itself for shopping or alternatively Highpoint Shopping Centre, which is not too far in the opposite direction.

Brilliant Streets. +1

I prefer Drummond Street and Rathdowne Street in Carlton North however.

Yep but I only listed streets within walking distance of 10 minutes to Melb Central.

If we expand our scope to driving, anywhere from Parkville to Rathdowne St to Chapman St would cut it.

Just take note that the 5 minute drive in ADL is a lot different at certain times in Melbourne CBD. It can take up to 30 minutes just to get out of certain parts of the CBD

Back