is there please a cheaper option to repair westinghouse gas oven .

We fixed a westinghouse gas oven using a westinghouse repairman and the repair bill was $185. We have another westinghouse gas oven that needs repairing.Its only 6 years old. Is there a cheaper option please. my plumber or handyman dont feel qualified. The oven is in melbourne .

Thank you.

$185 seems fairly reasonable to me.
The repair man would have a call out fee, then add his time and parts etc.
Plus I wouldn't skimp out on gas repairs, you don't want to get sued by the tenants family if there is an explosion or they all die due to carbon monoxide poisoning. :D
Just pay it and be done
Just my 2 cents

Is it the oven door?

I bought a brand new cooktop and gas oven and had the same problem with tenants using it. Within 6 months I had the Westinghouse (its actually Electrolux) come and fix the oven door. The door moves and leaves a gap

When the tenants moved out, they paid for professional cleaners to go in and clean after them and once again the oven was damaged by the professional cleaners leaning on the door to clean inside the oven.

This time, I was there when the repair chap came. It took 10 seconds to fix!!!!

Apparently the metal is so soft on the oven door that if it bangs or anything is placed on it, it will move.

All the repair chap does is removes the door, puts a chisel in the hinge space and moves it back to where it should be!!! Then replaces the oven door.

He then checked the door was closing and off.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thank you. I posted that for a friend of mine as sometimes someone knows someone who is reliable capable but also more economical. I have passed on the answers. I can google and find lots of people but as you say unless someone is refered to us and known then who says they are trustworthy and we dont need troubles. I also thought the price was probably not too far off but they were asking me if i knew of anyone so i did my best to help.

Thank you.

Back