Looking for an alternate form of inspiration?

TED - inspiring stuff ...

"The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating
thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes)."

Start with this 18 minute video on 'open source architecture'.
[not for tekkies, but the art and science of designing buildings and other physical structures]

Anyone looking for an alternate form of inspiration, I highly recommend you sit back and watch a few of these 18 minute presentations from some people with very interesting ideas and achievements. Even to some of the SS forumites who are very well regarded based on their accomplishments to date, I would expect a humbling moment or two in watching some of these ;)

Please watch the first one on the link above, once you are there browse for some others ... I hope you can provide some thoughts / recommendations (and links) to any you find particularly inspiring...

Enjoy. Thanks,
MM

I vouch for ted too. There's been some outstanding talks through the years. You could do worse than listen to their offerings on the train on your ipod.

Listening to
Life Matters on Radio National about sexually abused children, recovered drug addicts,people with health problems who have through alot of difficulty adjusted or home carers working 24/7 puts ones own problems into perspective.

Though not exactly inspirational , it does have a consistent theme of persevering and not giving in to adversity.
The father who rcompeteted in the Hawain Triathlon with his disabled son was pretty inspirational.................can be seen on youtube

ah yes saw that Triathlon clip .. very humbling (even for a sporting spice!)
most important is inspiration comes in many forms and is certainly not limited to the SS forum and energy that lives here.

Back