Looking for building inspector in Perth W.A.

This is not related to investment but I don't know where is the best place to ask this question. My appology if I place it on a wrong section.
My friend is building a house at EllenBrook and would like to know if anyone here know a good building inspector. I am not sure if it's the right title. Basically he needs someone to help him to inspect the house while being built and inform him of any issues, things that's not built correctly etc.
Does anyone know a good building inspector and how much do they usually charge?

Thank you.

Hi tropic

The archicentre in Subiaco 93824100, they give you a 10yr structual guarantee. I have them do all my inspections. I do have the no. of a fellow who will do an inspection for $275 but no guarantee. He actually does them for the archicentre, they are more expensive. price calculated on house size.

If you want his no. let me know.

Celeste

Hi Tropic,

I may be wrong and it's been a while since I've built, but I don't think the purchaser is technically allowed onto the property until handover, being when possession is handed over. Building inspections I've had done have been conducted after this stage.

Regards Dean

Hi all

Read your contract, they have to let you, as long as it's not disruptive.

I had problems with my builder over it, until I sent him the legal info. Which funny enough they had given to me with the contract. It is in the info regarding your rights.

It's in my paper work for the house that has been boxed away, if needed I can dig it out.:D

Back