Looking to buy land in Ipswitch

My wife and I are looking at a block in Ipswitch.

Its 550 square meters in Raceview.

What do you guys think a fair price for this would be?

Have you done a search on "Land For Sale" on realestate.com.au for the suburb (or adjoining suburbs) and see what prices are being asked for similar sized blocks? ....

Also ... on the same site have a look at "sold properties" .... you may find some recent sales here to compare.

Martin

The question is what do you think is a fair price,and is the block still above the water line,as some part of Ipswich are about to flood, what is the entry price for this 550sqm block,and what are the properties worth with houses already on them and the rental return in the area,Raceview has good and not so good areas.IMHO.willair..

Last edited:
Hi wagnman,

I would say that if you pay under $150K it's a very good deal - and you probably could pay up to $175K without getting robbed.

It is certainly a growing area... What are you buying it for? IP or PPR?

Don't wish to be pedantic, but there is no such place as "Ipswitch". The city is actually called Ipswich - please note, there are no 'witches' in Ipswich. :D

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:

I just bought a house/land package in Dinmore which is Raceview's neighbour suburb. The land is 581sqm and the land price is 110k.

What's the asking price of the 550sqm land in Raceview?

I can pick it up for a fair bit under 150K and its right in the middle of Raceview or if anything on the Ipswict town centre side of Raceview.

If the land has to settle in 30days how do I go about matching it all up with a house etc to make it a package or do I have to try and finance it all separately?

Back