Meet up at Tony Robbins?

I have seen Robbins and he of course appears genuine, but to my mind this sort of thing is not long lasting.
I think if you want to go with an open mind and have some fun go, if you think the fun is worth the money........
I agree with what a couple posters said......can`t do that stuff, standing in a room full of people laughing and yelling on que, I feel like a big screw is being turned into my head, I admire those that can do it, but at the same time I can`t help but feel kinda sorry for them.

markpatric said:
I have seen Robbins and he of course appears genuine, but to my mind this sort of thing is not long lasting.
I agree with what a couple posters said......can`t do that stuff, standing in a room full of people laughing and yelling on que, I feel like a big screw is being turned into my head, I admire those that can do it, but at the same time I can`t help but feel kinda sorry for them.
While I was extremely sceptical of a number of things as I was going through it, in looking back, and with subsequent information, I can now understand something more of what he was trying to do. Even with the problems I had with things which were going on at the time, I have made some significant changes in mmyself. Three months is not long enough to call permanent- but it is something which surprised me (as well as MrsW) significantly.

markpatric said:
but to my mind this sort of thing is not long lasting.
This is the external vs internal changes debate.

If you go to any course expecting a magic wand to be waved over you and to make permanent positive changes in you you're likely to always be disappointed.

But if you are prepared to take control of your own life, treat the content of courses as strategies that YOU need to apply in your own life, the effects can be lifelong.

Personally I won't go to a personal development course unless I'm prepared to put into action the strategies taught - otherwise I'd be spending my money for a short-term buzz feeling, which I can get much cheaper at the local pub.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Last edited:
Yes GeoffW, I agree it could do something great if your mind is ready to receive it.
I think it would be a small percentage that it had that effect on, maybe you are in that small group simply by "questioning", and taking the time to look deeper when others just look at te surface stuff. :)

geoffw said:
It's four weeks since I went.

I did have one particular thing which really needed work- two things actually, working to feed each other.

I'm not going to go into details, that's private if you don't mind.

But I had gotten myself into a cycle, one which I'd had for many years, and something which was affecting a few areas of my life.

I broke that habit cycle over the AR weekend, and four weeks later, I'm much better off for it, and feeling hugely better.

It was not something I set out to gegt rid of over the weekend-nit was something which I had almost given up on.

For now, it's gone. And that single thing has made the weekend well worth doing.

Hi Geoff

Hows it all going? Can you share any details about great habits and positive changes you have sustained over the last 3 months?

Savanna100 said:
Hi, I accompanied Geoffw to the AR weekend and I have also made some changes. I gave up smoking that weekend, this time without using patches and haven't had a smoke since. I actually started back at the gym and have been consistent and also have started a diet in the last 3 weeks which I am actually sticking to. (results are starting to happen slowly). :D
I also have finally formulated exactly my plan of action in the next phase of my wealth creation.
I probably can' t attribute all this to Tony Robbins but it certainly made me think about a few things and get off my bum and start putting them into action!!!!

Not bad, considering I got the ticket really cheap....thanks again Geooff !!!!! :)

How's the diet, gym, and non smoking going, Savanna?

thefirstbruce said:
Hows it all going? Can you share any details about great habits and positive changes you have sustained over the last 3 months?
I won't go into details- if you don't mind. But over 4 months later, and I'm still doing well. (I would not have been able to put in the time and effort I have into the Subway otherwise).

Glad to hear you're doing well.
Do you have a SubWay franchise? Good luck with that. I think they are the most positive and progressive of all the fast food brands.

Back