Meet up at Tony Robbins?

Ecogirl said:
Maybe your wife will benefit in a big way from you attending the seminar :D
At least you have and so have we by your willing to share.
MrsW went last year, and was very anxious for me to go so that we could discuss some issues together.

Unfortunately, she is overseas with the kidlets for another five weeks :(

WaySolid said:
Do I really have to hug strangers though?? (nts.. Sit next to a good looking girl)
Picture this.

You're an attractive blonde lady, having recently finished a relationship. You realise that there's a lot of young attractive single people at the event, and that there is some sort of bond which can occur between people at an event like this one, where some innermost thoughts are revealed to that stranger sitting next to you.

But you arrive late.

And the only available seat is next to a Cookie Monster :(

Tony is fine. In fact he was one of the person who changed me the most. His grasp and ability to teach NLP is truly the best among the NLP field.
I think with these things, the most important things is to learn their strategies, learnings and mindset (not necessarily everything about them).

But becareful when he tells you to yell "yes yes yes". Just watch later he will show you his product or more expensive seminars when you are all pumped up with the "yes yes". It is straight conditioning to your nervous system to make you want to buy his product and go to his $20,000 follow up seminar.

When I was there, I even laughed out loud when he gave everyone a subliminal suggestion "By now you must have...", "By and by, you will...." etc.
In NLP, it is a subliminal command to your subconscious to BUY (by) and BUY. He is a good teacher, BUT he is also a salesman who knows how to make you buy.

If you have listened to his tapes or read his books before, going to UPW may not be really worth it, as it is a condensed info of what he explains in detail in his books. His UPW is mainly targetted for people who have never read his books before.

perfect said:
If you have listened to his tapes or read his books before, going to UPW may not be really worth it, as it is a condensed info of what he explains in detail in his books. His UPW is mainly targetted for people who have never read his books before.
I found that I got a lot of value from the CDs- but it was only by going to the seminar that I really found it made any differences to me. I'm reviewing the CDs now- and I'm finding things like- "Hey, THIS is what he meant in that exercise we did...". (A huge part of the value in going is in the interactive sessions with one or two others).

Rixter said:
It could have been worse geoff, may have had to sit next to Mrs W! :eek: ;)
Well, when MrsW went last year, she was sitting next to a 2 metre tall professional soccer player from Chile (MrsW is also Spanish speaking).

GW

Often, its the energy of the room that helps with most of these things.

Intellectually you know that yes I can or should do this, or can do this, and shouldnt let the fear get in the way.

2 Basic things I have learnt from Robbins that have made me a better person but also lots of money are:

1. emotion is faster than thought

2. Often, your body is living in the past, while your intellect is in the here and now.

THE best metaphor for these 2 things is "The Poles" at Life Mastery. That experience make the fire walk feel like a walk in the park.

ta

rolf

Firewalk

I found this article and thought people might be interested:

http://www.pitt.edu/~dwilley/fire.html

Anyone up for a bit of a firewalk with no training/preparation for it? It could be fun :) I wonder do they have places in Australia where you can just do it- like a theme park or something. The article says anyone who is physically fit should be able to do it- without specific preparation.

Cat

Hiya

People often "should've" all over themselves, but will they ?

I suspect its a tool used by many trainers to get you to think out of the box.

Ta

rolf

Cat09Tails said:
Anyone up for a bit of a firewalk with no training/preparation for it? It could be fun :) I wonder do they have places in Australia where you can just do it- like a theme park or something. The article says anyone who is physically fit should be able to do it- without specific preparation.
It probably is quite easy and mostly harmless- (despite an incident a few years ago when a number of footballers were serverely injured firewalking)- but the aim is to get you to overcome your fears. It didn't work for me :D - but the people who had done it were just so excited the next day, that they had looked at something which absolutely scared them, and went ahed regardless.

Good on you Geoff

Mate, just wanted to give you another pat on the back for sharing your experiences with us.

I'd like to offer a few thoughts on TR's techniques.

We all need a push occasionally to get over our fears or self-sabotage, and Tony R is a master of pushing the right buttons. If the jumping up and down and firewalking, etc seems to be "too American" or "too Nuremburg-ish" or "too fanatical" or whatever, well to me it just says that there are common ways of boosting our physiology because we all happen to be humans. If participants were to sit quietly in whatever their culturally correct coma might be, I suspect the boundary-breaking personal growth would not occur.

To his credit, he seems to use his powers for good, whilst also making a buck out of it (but then, so does 99% of society - business, church and state included).

Tony's seminar is intoxicating - I know some people who have become seminar-junkies in order to get the regualr highs. And if I can stretch the analogy a bit, like an intoxicating drink, it's up to you to accept as much or as little as you need to achieve happiness and fulfillment, without hurting yourself or others.

Again Geoff, thanks for making this thread better than it could have been.

Cheers all

geoffw said:
Just in case anybody is interested in attending- next year will be the last "Unleash the Power" he gives in Sydney- and until Friday this week, there's a two for one offer- http://www.visionpursuit.com.au/events/event_page.asp?productid=P200775
The two for one is now extended one week- until Friday Oct 8th.

A friend went in last week, and found that the exclusive Diamond seating was advertised at $1750 for two tickets (this is the area where people have exclusive sessions with Tony). They normally cost a lot more for one ticket- so he bought two. He had a call to say that they had made a mistake- the cost should have been $3495 for two. He went to Consumer Affairs- and it looks as if he will get the tickets at effectively 25% of normal (They are normally $3495 each, though two for one this week).

geoffw said:
He had a call to say that they had made a mistake- the cost should have been $3495 for two. He went to Consumer Affairs- and it looks as if he will get the tickets at effectively 25% of normal (They are normally $3495 each, though two for one this week).

Amen Consumer Affairs......

C'mon AR staff, that's a sleaze trick as old as Adam.....

thefirstbruce said:
geoff, not that i am throwing a negative slant, but i would be interested to see if you could log over the next few months tangible changes you can attribute directly to this weekend...it might be inspiring for all of us...
It's four weeks since I went.

I did have one particular thing which really needed work- two things actually, working to feed each other.

I'm not going to go into details, that's private if you don't mind.

But I had gotten myself into a cycle, one which I'd had for many years, and something which was affecting a few areas of my life.

I broke that habit cycle over the AR weekend, and four weeks later, I'm much better off for it, and feeling hugely better.

It was not something I set out to gegt rid of over the weekend-nit was something which I had almost given up on.

For now, it's gone. And that single thing has made the weekend well worth doing.

Changes since AR weekend

Hi, I accompanied Geoffw to the AR weekend and I have also made some changes. I gave up smoking that weekend, this time without using patches and haven't had a smoke since. I actually started back at the gym and have been consistent and also have started a diet in the last 3 weeks which I am actually sticking to. (results are starting to happen slowly). :D
I also have finally formulated exactly my plan of action in the next phase of my wealth creation.
I probably can' t attribute all this to Tony Robbins but it certainly made me think about a few things and get off my bum and start putting them into action!!!!

Not bad, considering I got the ticket really cheap....thanks again Geooff !!!!! :)

Back