Missing Malaysia airline.

It's interesting that you use the word radical. It's not a word I've seen used to describe him in any of the main Australian news sources or even using google.

To some people any person who is Muslim is a radical/terrorist/threat.

Which is absolutely ludicrous and simply compounds the us and them mentality that fundamentalist clerics push and impressionable youth.

It makes sense that the pilots homes are investigated. And passengers. Basically they don't really have a clue at the moment and are trying to find something to go on by the looks of things.

Reactions: oc1
Seems unlikely now that the plane may have taken the northern corridor as mentioned earlier . I don't see how it would have gone undetected though it is still possible of course .

If it's gone into the Indian Ocean somewhere out west it may take sometime to find I would think . Poor buggers

It's interesting that you use the word radical. It's not a word I've seen used to describe him in any of the main Australian news sources or even using google.

To be effective, wouldn't you need to appear non-radical? The sept 11 bombers didn't look radical. This would be in the terrorism handbook 101

To be effective, wouldn't you need to appear non-radical? The sept 11 bombers didn't look radical. This would be in the terrorism handbook 101

But I don't look radical either. So therefore I am a suspicious person.

But I'm not a Muslim.

So anybody who is Muslim could be a dangerous radical?

Wow.

But I don't look radical either. So therefore I am a suspicious person.

But I'm not a Muslim.

So anybody who is Muslim could be a dangerous radical?

Wow.

Are you confused? I'm talking about a single person. The captain of the plane. Not a billion Muslims.

Are you confused? I'm talking about a single person. The captain of the plane. Not a billion Muslims.

I'm not confused. You said that he was radical. Based on no news report anywhere. He is Muslim though. Why otherwise would you assume that he was radical and a terrorist?

But he said authorities in Malaysia and other countries had determined the plane's last satellite communication was in one of two possible corridors taking in multiple countries. One is a corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand. (an area range that includes Pakistan) The other is a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean, off Australia's coast."

Pictorially representation of the last known satellite communication possible plane positions. Anywhere on the two red lines.

Attachments

• map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 64
I'm not confused. You said that he was radical. Based on no news report anywhere. He is Muslim though. Why otherwise would you assume that he was radical and a terrorist?

Sorry if there is some confusion? I have no knowledge that he is a radical Muslim. It was a hypothetical question. I strarted the post saying

"Perhaps it's as simple as this"

then continued with my hypothetical story. Sorry for any confusion.

Ok, my apologies.

I had read differently.

I'd be highly surprised if that was even possible. I would have thought that it wasn't even a vague possibility- that anybody in that sort of a job would have been very well vetted. Any sort of terrorist act, if it was that, would have been much more likely to have come from any of the passengers than from a person in that position.

May be a hijack event happened. Pilot may have decided to finish it off instead of causing any more damage like the twin tower.

Ok, my apologies.

I had read differently.

I'd be highly surprised if that was even possible. I would have thought that it wasn't even a vague possibility- that anybody in that sort of a job would have been very well vetted. Any sort of terrorist act, if it was that, would have been much more likely to have come from any of the passengers than from a person in that position.

Ok. I seem to have left off a question mark on my original post. I will add it

See yas.

"May be a hijack event happened. Pilot may have decided to finish it off instead of causing any more damage like the twin tower. "
Yep, I can see this as a possibility.

I don't understand why there are 2 such widely disparate search corridors. They tracked it for 7 hours and know it went towards the Indian Ocean, and we were told heading NW. So where does the southern flight corridor come from?
If they knew only that it was in the air, there would be no corridors at all, it would be 'anywhere in this circle'.
If they know what direction it was heading in, why the 2nd corridor?

I don't understand why there are 2 such widely disparate search corridors. They tracked it for 7 hours and know it went towards the Indian Ocean, and we were told heading NW. So where does the southern flight corridor come from?
If they knew only that it was in the air, there would be no corridors at all, it would be 'anywhere in this circle'.
If they know what direction it was heading in, why the 2nd corridor?

I think the aircraft "ping" (which does not contain the aircrafts position) was heard by only one satellite which knows how far away the aircraft was but not which direction. Would have needed to be picked up by 3 for an accurate intersection of the circles from each satellite, even 2 I guess would narrow it down a lot. The aircraft could turn in any direction at any time and I think they are admitting that the NW direction after the military radar lost it was more a probable direction.

Back