Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Function room in a hotel or community centre

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Sydneysiders,

I enjoyed the gathering Sim' organised last Sunday and I thought it will be a good idea to have one like that regularly. So for those who missed out the last one, the next one is not too far away! ;)

I am currently searching for a suitable venue and just want to find out what people prefer, so here are some options. If you don't like the ideas, please reply here.

Good on you Yuch for starting the ball rolling. It would be great to continue to meet.

Venue sort of depends on whether we intend to have more formal meetings with some sort of agenda/speaker or just a social get together.

A few of the pubs have small function rooms in which case we could combine the 2.

As an example, The Rose at Chippendale has a small room off the bistro area or The Forresters at Surry Hills has an upstairs area and from Mon-WEd have $5 steaks.

Or maybe we could have a "serious" meeting one month and a social one the next:)

I'm available to help organize it also.

Hi Yuch

As a non-consumer (and I'm sure a lot of you guys are too), I wouldn't mind having a get together somewhere were one will not be made to feel like a social outcast for not partaking in over-priced drinks or restaurant meals. I'm saving every precious penny for those IP's, after all! A function room or private home would be good. How many people are we talking?

Hobgoblin

Hi

Ahhh what would a gathering be like without Jim Beam or Johnnie Walker :rolleyes:

Jax really got going after afew stolis ;)

Regards

Investor :)

Hey hobgob... be an individual and bring your own food/drinks along - nobody will mind.

I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, but I don't have a problem with buying the occasional softdrink at a pub (even though it is a ripoff !). Next time I think I will just take a bottle of water and some sandwiches (although I can't go past a nice BBQed steak at somewhere like Philips Foote).

Hey Hey! Vesta. they were NOT stolis- they were ruskis, and I did not partake of too many. I'm just normally like that :)

As for a more regular event, count me in, but I won't be able to afford to eat as much dessert next time. One of my IP's has just had a rent reduction of $25 per week. :( Cripes!
MCDonalds is looking good!

Hi hob,

If you came to the last gathering Sim organised at Philips Foote, you would find that we spent more time talking than drinking.

I had only 3 beers for the whole day and the meal wan't too expensive either. There are a lot of pubs that provide cheap food, coz alcohol is where they make the real money!

Anyway, seems like most people prefer a pub, so pub it is!

I will announce the date in the next couple of days.

Gambling is where they make the real money these days. Im interested in where/when as well. Id like to put some faces to names.

Just started in the investment side, so would be very interested in meeting with people who know the ropes. Let me know when and where and I'll be there with Bells on... well maybe not bells.

Excellent idea guys

Count me in as it was great to meet you guys and listen to your ideas. I agree with the philosophy of associating with people that are positive about making money and creating wealth.

It can be inspirational to those that need a push along.

I would also be happy to put my hand up to talk about trusts if you thought that would be appropriate.

Maybe Yuch could give us a further insight on wraps ?

Nickm

I think that's a great idea Nick. I, for one, would be happy to have experts such as yourself expand on knowledge for the benefit of the group. Just an informal question and answer session would be ideal :)

So, Yuch! What date?

Hey, Yuch, what about Parramatta for a venue? I know it would be better for lots of us (you, MG, Ross, me :)) and can we make it a Sunday? Sats are too chockablock with kids sport just now!

Sunday sounds good to me too.

Kids sport on saturdays !
What about some of us adults that still try to run around on weekends :cool:

I'd strongly recommend against a regular monthly meeting on a weekend. Occasional social events or seminars are okay, but not regular meetings.

Back