My first bit of renovation - laundry

I have finally done by first bit of renovation to my first place.

Initially, the laundry had gyprock? walls and lino over the original tiles. When I lifted the lino up, there was a small amount of water seepage and mould. This was also the most dated room in the property, so I thought it could do with some revamping.

Unfortunately, I do not have any before pictures.

Here it is in the during process, getting waterproofed
405410_10150582627714527_544924526_8886725_611359577_n.jpg

And $1300 later
422463_10150599707734527_544924526_8948654_1102356357_n.jpg

There is just enough room for a washing machine to the left of the tub. I was thinking of installing a small piece of glass to section off the shower on the right. There is also a toilet in the next room (just left of where the tub is) and so I guess my laundry now serves as a second bathroom?

Im not sure whether I should just leave it now or turn it into a proper bathroom, putting in a mirror and vanity basins.

my laundry is very similar although on the left of the tub i have a chest freezer and on the right where your shower is is where my washing machine goes
the shower is about where your standing inline with your shower

i too am wondering whether i should put a mirror up since i already have towel rails and make it more a 2nd bathroom

I think it looks really good, well done :)

An idea I like for these sorts of rooms is to use a really deep porcelain or man made stone handbasin with nice tap fittings instead of a cheap nasty looking stainless steel laundry trough with regular fittings. That way, the room looks like a bathroom and adds to the feel/value of the house, but has the functionality of a laundry because of the deep handbasin. (plus, by law you have to have a laundry trough in most places).

Theres no reason you shouldn't put in a glass partition for your shower, although because I'm fussy, i'd purchase a washing machine or new laundry basin that would allow me to increase the size of the shower without detracting from laundry functionality.

Cheerios

A glass panel on the side of the shower would stop the tub rusting out and reduce the water splashing over everything.

I would have been fixing the power while I was doing the reno and getting rid of that extension lead.

I agree with Ocean, would have moved the tub over and put the washing machine in the corner near the door. 1st photo looks like there would have been plenty of room.
Now a couple towel rails and a mirror. Perhaps a small shelf for the soap.
Does that new shower fitting have a holder to fix it in place?

Laundry Renovation

I hope you don't have a problem with the waterproofing of the tile floor. I noticed that you laid the cheap waterproofing over the original floor tiles. You should have ripped the whole floor up then laid villaboard, then applied a certified waterproofer. The original tiles are only going to lift off the floor then your new tiles will be 'drummy" and let water in.:(

Back