Name my business!

Hmm, sorry, not too keen on Rental as Anything, plus this doesn't factor in the BA. Thank you for the suggestion though!

I'm making up a little short list as I go, which I'll need to cross check with websites and ASIC.

Rent Smart is a brand for renting office equipment so may or may not be available.

Names could exploit what's wrong with PMs and communicate your point of difference.

Eg: Good Tenant or No Fees/Same Day Reply/Minimal Vacancy

This might help placate one or more landlord fears eg bad tenants, vacancies, sloppy management, high fees, PM turnover or poor communication.

But you also want the name to be attractive to tenants (if only to make them feel good about renting and keep them paying). Hence the softer personal 'services' rather than the harder impersonal 'management'. And avoiding owner centric words like 'landlord', 'assets' or 'wealth'.

Examples:

Picky Property Services
Persistent Property Services
Selective Property Services
The Home Stewards

Get Great Tenants Residential Services
Long Run Residential Services
Full House Residential Services
LifeLease Property Services

Or, a bit quirky:

Flat Out Property Services
Let Us Property Services
Our Problem Property Services
Getbacktoya Property Services
In Touch Housing (ITHOUSING)

Last edited by a moderator:
A whitty business name will loose its charm after the tenth time you say it... I agree with the obscure name camp.

Build your business on a sound foundation of ethics and results and the name won't matter.

How about a surname? It doesn't need to be yours, just something with deep ties to the Australian in us all.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors-General_of_Australia#section_1

I like stonehaven

Any name with "solutions" in it should be automatically disqualified :)

And avoiding owner centric words like 'landlord', 'assets' and 'wealth'.

Yes definitiely looking to steer clear of those.

Trading as She'll Be Right Management
"Just give us a call and we'll get onto it when we are ready, she'll be right"

I thought that was the motto of most PM's? :p

I think my main hurdle beside finding a name and all the other hurdles when starting a business, is finding one I can also get the domain name for - it's bloody hard!!

Yes definitiely looking to steer clear of those.

I thought that was the motto of most PM's? :p

I think my main hurdle beside finding a name and all the other hurdles when starting a business, is finding one I can also get the domain name for - it's bloody hard!!

Gota invent a word these days... or buy one.

Try brandbucket.com

Fair dinkum management?

Why is everyone looking from landlord's point of view. You need to look from tenant's angle as well right?

Sensible Asset Management Solutions

Property Paths Management

Dependable Property People

Accommodation Avenues

Another vote for Urban Manners, but the URL is already taken.

I generally dislike names that are too obvious. Anything that has "Property" in its title is a complete no-no.

So how would I do it? I found a site listing Aboriginal names for place names, and take it from there.

My favourites would be Akora and Langi. The .com sites for both have been registered, but are currently unused so the owners might be willing to do a deal.

I've got another - check your PM.

NOT A BOX (Not sure about the byline)

Reasoning:

- a home, a mansion, a caravan, an asset, an investmnet, resi, commercial, - NOT A BOX

- tenant, landlord, first home buyer, experienced investor - NOT A BOX

If it is not a box then it can be whatever your client wants/ needs it to be or whatever services you wish to offer the public.

Clients of your competition may be unhappy with their current PMs or renters disatisfied because they have been unfairly placed in a Box of sorts ie - just another whinging landlord or just another centrelink recipient. They may come to you becasue your company is NOT A BOX.

Back