On Line Dating

Nobody likes to drive an old car with lots of mileage but some people have no choice ;)

I concur: no woman like to ride an old, worn out coot ... sorry, I meant 'scooter'. The 's', 'e' and 'r' on my keyboard are not functioning, much the same as the 'old cars with lots of mileage'. ;)

Oh, I'm quite aware of that. I spent much of my formative years having to endure weekends at the local pub with my parents & their friends. My parents used to Manage a pub back in Wales when I was a baby. When they emigrated to Australia, their entire social life revolved around their local.

I vividly remember our local. It had a bar area at the front, and a 'family' area at the back. At one stage the publican had a child the same age as me & we'd go upstairs into the residence to play, but overall my most vivid memories are of boredom, old men and the stench of beer.

That's probably why I loved skating so much. As soon as I was old enough, I spent my entire weekend at the skating rink. I'd catch the bus to be there at 10.00am on Saturday morning, would skate until 12.00, either go to the beach or a friend's place until 2.00 then skate until 4.30, hang out with more friends, be back at the rink by 7.00pm, skate until 10.00pm & Dad would pick me up.

Wow!
good motivation for a healthy lifestyle? Where did all this happen, Skater? You're lucky your parents let you do that.

Wow!
good motivation for a healthy lifestyle? Where did all this happen, Skater? You're lucky your parents let you do that.

LOL! I'm not so sure I'd call it luck. There is no way on earth I'd ever have let my own children have the amount of freedom that I had, especially at the age that I did. My parents were more interested in going to the pub & chugging their ciggies than doing anything with their children.

Sometimes on a Friday or Saturday night, (when Dad didn't want to pick me up), I'd catch the train home. From the station it was a good 20min walk, in the pitch dark, as we lived up a dirt track with no lights.

At the time, I thought it was great, but looking back retrospectively, thank goodness I was a good kid, and the friends that I gravitated towards were also good kids. I could have ended up in all sorts of trouble.

Back