On Line Dating

Out of curiosity, how many women have picked up guys or made the first move?

Same applies to the SS men here, how many times have women made the first move with you?

Btw, not referring to online dating.

I was on a date with a chap I worked with when I met my husband. I liked the work chap, but there were no real fireworks. We'd been out a couple of times in a group, so it wasn't really bad form what I did next (according to me anyway :p).

Edit: It was in a bar :D:p

It was 23rd December and I'd had a few drinks. Clearly I'd had a few drinks because my friends and I were holding plastic mistletoe over our heads trying to gather Christmas kisses. It was going quite well. I'm not a big drinker at all, so two drinks and I'm tipsy. I saw this chap who set off some explosions in my head and we made eye contact. Clearly, I had had a few drinks, because I thought he looked like Richard Gere (which we all laugh at now) and when we left to go find some food, I went back into the bar under the pretext of finding my friend who had not come outside with us. I went up to my (now) hubby and told him my surname, and my suburb and said to call me. We've been together ever since :D.

Funnily enough, one of my friends from that night is married to someone I lined up for her as a blind date, and their best man was the chap I was with the night I met my hubby. Small world.

Last edited:
At least you know they're all feminists though, so that's a plus!

97f95344d2ecf10087ca9a2e6081ba55-2.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a date with a chap I worked with when I met my husband. I liked the work chap, but there were no real fireworks. We'd been out a couple of times in a group, so it wasn't really bad form what I did next (according to me anyway :p).

It was 23rd December and I'd had a few drinks. Clearly I'd had a few drinks because my friends and I were holding plastic mistletoe over our heads trying to gather Christmas kisses. It was going quite well. I'm not a big drinker at all, so two drinks and I'm tipsy. I saw this chap who set off some explosions in my head and we made eye contact. Clearly, I had had a few drinks, because I thought he looked like Richard Gere (which we all laugh at now) and when we left to go find some food, I went back into the bar under the pretext of finding my friend who had not come outside with us. I went up to my (now) hubby and told him my surname, and my suburb and said to call me. We've been together ever since :D.

Funnily enough, one of my friends from that night is married to someone I lined up for her as a blind date, and their best man was the chap I was with the night I met my hubby. Small world.

Great story, Wylie!

It's always a pleasant surprise to read a happy, bile-free love story on this forum ;)

Probably used the wrong words.

Pub is for hook-ups, not for a life partner...in general
I've been married 20 years, 3 kids; I would have been a good candidate for a life partner from a bar meeting had someone bothered to try me.

Too bad ladies - yer had yer chances! :D

Probably used the wrong words.

Pub is for hook-ups, not for a life partner...in general

When I was 18 I was at a nightclub with my mate. I was approached by a bloke who had the intent of picking up and started to chatting to me. I had a bf at the time so I grabbed my friend's arm and swapped places with her so they could chat to each other.

I was the photographer at their wedding 4 years ago.

"The Friend Zone" - What a term.

"I was nice to you! I listened when you were sad, I helped when you needed help, I made you laugh! Why won't you sleep with me?!"

"Because I thought you were just doing those things to be my friend?"

"No! I had assumed that if I faked all of that for long enough, you would be obliged to return the favour in sex!"

Kathryn, I've met several broads in pubs and I'm as high quality as it gets.

When men see me, they want to be me. When women see me, they want to be with me.

Oh my goodness. Is that post meant to be tongue in cheek? :eek:

(I mean, I don't know you, and maybe you are something really special, but just reading it made me cringe. I'm just hoping you accidentally left off the "stick out tongue" or "big grin" smilies.)

It works though, doesn't it. Two women responded positively to that post. Speaks volumes. Single guys, take notice.

I responded positively mostly because you made a joke and I realised you were joking with the initial post (at least, I hope so) :D.

I guess if you have a sense of humour, it doesn't matter too much if you look like something out of a horror movie :D:p.

Back