Online Dating

Anyone tried it?

ive been doing it for 12 months and its driving me crazy, its absolutely smashing my ego

firstly, im an average to slightly above average looking guy,

admittedly my photos do come up better then what I look like, my profile is ok, even though I can come across as agressive on the forums, in real life Im normal unless provoked,

I never ever mention Ips or property investment, as that would bring out the gold diggers,

I go through phases, sometimes I would send out 100 requests/kisses or whatever, and would get zero responses, sometimes I wake up and ive got 50 requests from the ladies, some seem ok, some clearly have just escaped from an institution

sometimes I pay for contact, sometimes they pay for contact,

what seems to happen a lot is, they contact me and pay for it, and say hi, my name is blah blah, i like this and that,

and then I would reply, and never hear from them again,

or they would show interest, i send them a msg and would never hear from them again,

and before anyone says maybe im boring, or maybe im a loser, that may be possibly correct, however, you cant determine this from a one line introductory msg!!!!! that I am sure of unless you are a clairvoyant

im going through a phase now, where im getting requests for contact left right and centre, these phases seem to happen for no particular reason

eg about 3 weeks ago, a nice lady contacted me, she paid for the contact and wanted to meet up, come date night, cancel due to work, she reschedules for the day after, guess what? work again, cancel! and then its rescheudled for the day after, and no prizes for guessing what happened!

all in all its a bit of fun, but sometimes I am banging my head against a brick wall, maybe my ex is setting up 50 profiles!!

A few years ago, the ACCC busted an Aussie hookup site for giving male members false leads.

That "nice lady" who writes or even calls may well be somebody who works for the dating company.

It happens a lot, both locally and internationally.

TMNT - your scenario sounds very similar to some of my colleagues who are also trying online dating. I think it must be difficult to get a genuine match. And many are simply testing the waters. I think the Indians have got it right when they have arranged marriages set up by the parents.

Well here's one for you! I did go on online dating, I did meet a clarvoiant. And we are getting married on March the first!

My advice... Don't try too hard, don't think about it too much. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

TMNT - your scenario sounds very similar to some of my colleagues who are also trying online dating. I think it must be difficult to get a genuine match. And many are simply testing the waters. I think the Indians have got it right when they have arranged marriages set up by the parents.

yeah, I dont take it too personally,

some of the profiles are that bad surely I can bet my foot that its not a made up one

I think online dating creates a false world for a lot of the ladies out there, some of the attitudes I see and hear are absolutely embarassing

eg recently after my first message to one lady, her response was "just letting you know that you have a lot of competition!"
or
"i dont pay for online dating, if you are interested in me, you have to pay to talk to me, if I am interested, I will respond, if not I will not bother"

etc. etc.

My advice... Don't try too hard, don't think about it too much. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

damn, I feel like going out and buying some Pantene or a rachel hunter magazine

Try look for a app with a chat feature, pof has one

Chat online as soon as you make contact and then leave your number at the end of the chat, text as soon as you can but not stalker ish type text lol, move to a date as soon as you can

The thing with online dateing is that there is alot of competion, esp if your chasing females, so u gotta strike while the iron is hot so they say, other wise they lose interest and move on to the next good looking photograph cause your pussy footing around

Some Girls will say they don't like pushy or straight up but I have found this isn't true ESP in the cities with a large population

Make sure you have heaps of photos all recent and maybe jazzed up with some Instagram
Long term commitment, settle down and all that stuff they like as well
Throw in a pic of you petting a kitten or feeding some pigeons w your nan, they also like that

City online dateing seems to be easier than regional, I don't know where u r

I had a lot of success on it but now I have chosen to live a life of a monk up the tallest mountain on the highest peak, good luck turtle power

I have tried it previously with mixed success. There are times like you say when you can send out dozens of contact notices, and not hear back a boo.
Other times you get dozens of contacts coming in.

I only ever made it to one "successful" date. ie, a girl who I would consider talking to again. We hooked up for a bit, but went our seperate ways. Im still friends with her. Had plenty of bad dates, no shows, different girls rock up

I think of it as being no different to meeting a chick in a bar. There are 1,000 girls there. Youll, try and chat up 100 of them, 10 of them will want to talk to you, you will want to keep talking to 5 of them, and you might end up getting lucky :D

I have actually found going the "facebook stalk" far more successful. :D

Blacky

Also make sure u have AT LEAST 5 photos and all good ones, if u have even just 1 average one that's the one the girl will think you look like

Most girls pull out of dates because they r not sure, plenty of good photos can help limit this

Also make sure u have AT LEAST 5 photos and all good ones, if u have even just 1 average one that's the one the girl will think you look like

Most girls pull out of dates because they r not sure, plenty of good photos can help limit this

Yeah, thats a good point. I also seemed to get more meetings if I got them onto facebook first.
Seems to make them feel like you are a normal person - though based on my FB profile I dont understand why :D

from what ive learnt the girls are notorious in hiding the truth with photos,

the take a photo with your phone from very high up, that hides the 20kg extra weight she failed to mention.

also a lot of pouting like a duck or invisible spaghetti
Not+sure+if+posing+for+a+pic+or+just+eating+Invisible+Spaghetti...jpg

or putting up photos that say 2001 on the bottom right, that they havent realised

or putting up photos that say 2001 on the bottom right, that they havent realised

Haha Yeah but sometimes you meet them and they look better than their photos
Like blacky said Fb is a good way to check them out prior obviously

I had one that wouldn't meet me in real life until I told her I would commit to having kids otherwise the whole process would of been Pointless for her!? I was like " u real sister? "And she was like "you heard me brother " fail she was hot though but prob a good reason why she was single

I had one that wouldn't meet me in real life until I told her I would commit to having kids otherwise the whole process would of been Pointless for her!? I was like " u real sister? "And she was like "you heard me brother " fail she was hot though but prob a good reason why she was single

I have had all sorts like that. A bit crazy to full on requiring institutionalisation. I would often just lie - which makes it harder on guys later as they label all guys as "Lieing *******s" instead of just me :D:eek:

I met one who had three kids to three fathers, and wouldnt meet unless I wanted marriage and kids. I was going to question why she hadnt insisted on that prior - but just figured she had learnt her lesson. I gave her the benifit of the doubt.

Maybe as a result of my internet dating days, I am well known for dating "the hot crazy chick". My mates recon I challenge myself to find one who is hotter and crazier than the last - and seem to succeed more often than not :p

Blacky

Not having a go at you, just an honest observation. Some of your posts in the past have been quite negative towards women. You've obviously been burnt before.

Perhaps this attitude to women I sn't as subtle as you think and you are scarring them off.

Not having a go at you, just an honest observation. Some of your posts in the past have been quite negative towards women. You've obviously been burnt before.

Perhaps this attitude to women I sn't as subtle as you think and you are scarring them off.

Are you talking to me or the OP?

I have had all sorts like that. A bit crazy to full on requiring institutionalisation. I would often just lie - which makes it harder on guys later as they label all guys as "Lieing *******s" instead of just me :D:eek:

I met one who had three kids to three fathers, and wouldnt meet unless I wanted marriage and kids. I was going to question why she hadnt insisted on that prior - but just figured she had learnt her lesson. I gave her the benifit of the doubt.

Maybe as a result of my internet dating days, I am well known for dating "the hot crazy chick". My mates recon I challenge myself to find one who is hotter and crazier than the last - and seem to succeed more often than not :p

Blacky

Yeah in Melbourne when I lived there, there seemed to be a massive shortage of guys so u could easily set up 7 dates a week if you played your cards right , in amongst all of that you meet them all from every background you can imagine as you have stated, so 1 date is never the same as next, one extreme to another

However... After a while though the whole process becomes predictable and arduous, with the same opening and closing lines, personalities all repeating themselves, it gets to a point when you walk away you feel so drained you have had enough but then you get home and you have 10 more messages so you just forget about the last date and move on to the next lol

Back