Painting everything Ceiling White - problem?

Never would I paint walls in ceiling paint.
One of the problems with using ceiling paints for walls is the no more gaps will crack out,all marks will be permanent.
If you have to do it I would use a flat/low sheen wash and wear wall paint for ceilings and walls,this will eliminate the problem and give you protection from the grubby hands.
As long as you do not have huge ceilings,this works well.

I find the Taubmans Silk / Endure has a nicer feel than Dulux 101. Dulux just feels too chalky for my liking.

Taubmans living proof silk is the best paint ever, a property of mine painted with Living proof silk low sheen around 5 years old was outstanding,worth the small extra cost when painting,looked brand new.

I also used to agree with you about the Dulux 101 being chalky but after visiting another property of mine I painted with Dulux 101 around 4 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at the paints performance.Looked great,wiped off hand marks easy,didn't give a chalky feel at all.

So thumbs up for both of them

I hope Scientist doesn't mind me asking but it seems a but pointless starting new thread on similar subject.
I need to paint ceiling manhole and a small area under eaves outside where I moved some shelves and a small area of eaves is painted light cream, rest is white. Can I use ceiling white to paint both? It seems pointless buying two small tins of white paint!

The 'Accent' range which is the Mitre10 homebrand is made in the same factory as either British Paints or Taubmanns, cant remember which.

I've used it extensively and its fine.

The accent brand is manufactured by Dulux. British is also manufactured by Dulux.

If you are looking for something that is of quality but not expensive try Mitre 10 Accent, Taubmans Easycoat or Pascol (made by Wattyl) - can get pascol from masters

If you want to go cheaper again try either Taubmans Tradex from Bunnings or Pascol Trade from Masters

Hope this helps

I just painted my IP with Antique White USA and it came up a treat. Very popular white but it made a hell of a difference to the place. I just used Taubmans which is a cheaper paint from Bunnings.

I hope Scientist doesn't mind me asking but it seems a but pointless starting new thread on similar subject.
I need to paint ceiling manhole and a small area under eaves outside where I moved some shelves and a small area of eaves is painted light cream, rest is white. Can I use ceiling white to paint both? It seems pointless buying two small tins of white paint!
I would buy the ceiling white first and while at the paint shop get some tint to make the color of the cream.
They will give you the tint for free if you ask.
In other words,yes you can use the same paint

Hogs Bristle by Dulux for the walls

We've also used Christabel by Solver paints in several

More recently smoked pearl in an IP

Ceiling white for the ceilings, though have toned down the architrave to blend from one to another in several

Also tried some "feature walls" in earlier IP's, one i recall being some type of cross brushed metallic paint :D

Back