Painting own bathroom tiles vs using www.bathroomwerx.com.au ?

Just reading through all the threads and trying to work out what to do. Was originally going to get bathroomwerx to do it, but reading here it sounds like painting your own tiles may be the way to go. Has anyone used bathroomwerx? How were they cost wise?

They won't do tiles unless they are in good nick. They do free quotes (about $650 to do a tub).

The finish from the 2 pack spray they (and others) use is generally nicer and sticks to the tile better in my experience than trying to use tile primer and oil paint.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Advice needed

Hi all,

I too am interested in saving in renos by repainting tiles/bathtub, kitchen cabinets etc

The catch is, I have never renovated :eek: I was thinking of using White Knight paints Tile and Laminate products http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au

Have anyone use them? Recommend them / hate them? Experiences, etc

Recommend any other products, or best to leave to the pros?

Thank you for your time

We did floor tiles in a batroom in 2002 with white night...... unfortunately, I never had a chance to visit it while we owned it, and we sold it before we set foot in it again! So can't tell you what it looked like....:p

Have used mendabathroom on tubs back in 2002 too, and so far, no complaints from tenants (these are shower over tubs too, so pretty "heavy use").... again, haven't visited to see what it is like....

Cheers,

The Y-man

I was thinking of using White Knight paints Tile and Laminate products http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au
Have anyone use them? Recommend them / hate them? Experiences, etc

Tiles and grout have to be in good nick - then paint with White Knight tile paint as per instructions.
Plenty of threads on this forum - search white knight

Recommend any other products, or best to leave to the pros?
For tubs use Tub & Tile - 2 pack epoxy also by White Knight I think. Works a treat and have had tenants use for years after I did them and still holding up well.

Neither product recommended for floors - retile these if you need to.

Back