Palm Trees

Hi

I have about 10 palm trees I want to remove from my place. I know nothing about palm trees (types etc), except that I dont like them. Judging from the attachment, is there any value in these or do you just cut them down and thats that? They are massive, picture makes them look smaller than what they are.

Would be quite a mission to get them out & move them but they are really nice palm trees, to those that like them. Just thought I would ask before starting the chainsaw :cool:.

Brett

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 158
They are cocos palms, try and sell them as suggested.
They are easy to remove from the ground as they have a small very tight root ball.

I reckon it's a royal palm. If so it will double in size and then cost a fortune to get rid of. Domestic chains saws were marketed to get rid of these. :D

There is one in the front yard over the road from me and falling fronds would damage cars, or heads, and one fell on the electricity service to the house and they had no power for a day.

I've cut out half a dozen self sown ones in my properties while still small enough to take away in my trailer.

If you were lucky enough to find a buyer, would you want the destruction of your garden which MUST happen when digging mature trees? The chain-saw option for me.

King and royal are very similar with the green stem before crown a cocos simply doesn't have the green stem it will go straight from truck to crown.

All three of these palms have similar leaf structure.

Hi
I might be interested in taking them off your hands. If you can't find someone to buy them then send me a pm and i'll have a look at removing them.

RPI

I'm with handyandy and Sunfish; it's not a filthy revolting weed (Cocos Palm), but a much more attractive palm, but I'm not venturing an opinion about whether it's a royal or king palm. I'll just say that it's a self-cleaning palm rather than a messy non-self-cleaning palm (like Cocos!).

It's the "coke bottle" shape of the trunk convinces me it's a royal, and while they have a nice shape and are self cleaning when small they rapidly grow into a beast.

The one over the road (I'll try to post a pic but not good at that) has large seed clumps and the falling leaves hang up in them and it's too high to clean. The whole thing is about as attractive as an electricity pole. I was keen on palms 10 yrs ago but I've seen the error of my ways. :D:D

Back