Please suggest suburbs in Brisbane for 1st IP

Hello,

Me and my wife have decided to buy our first IP in Brisbane after reading numerous posts on this forum and following news in general, looks like its a rising market here.

We have ~500k to spend (all pre approved), would like to buy in so called blue chip suburbs. Looking for good CG, negative gearing and serviceability is not an issue. Thinking perhaps about nice 2-3 bedroom townhouse etc.

Can someone please suggest suburbs you think might be good for investing? I know nobody has crystal ball etc, but would really like your opinions, especially from people who knows Brisbane well.

Any tips are much appreciated as it might make my first IP not the last one :)

Thanks.

May I ask why you want to buy in a blue chip suburb? Why do you prefer a townhouse over, say, a house on a block of land?

With $500k you can buy two cheaper houses, say in the Brisbane / GC corridor.
Alex

May I ask why you want to buy in a blue chip suburb? Why do you prefer a townhouse over, say, a house on a block of land?

With $500k you can buy two cheaper houses, say in the Brisbane / GC corridor.
Alex

thanks for your reply!

To be completely honest no real preference here at all. I guess I come to this conclusion after reading numerous opinions on net, that suburbs in 10k radius around any capital city should have a good chance for CG.

Now following from this and taking into account what sort of money I want to spend, I though I can afford townhouse in one of a better suburbs etc.

Anyway, as I said before - I'm really opened to any opinions, don't really care what color of suburb is :eek: And as you suggested, if there is a better deal in buying 2 cheaper houses than one townhouse, why not.

Do you have any particular suburbs in mind by any chance?

Thanks again.

as far as blue chip goes, i have a IP in paddington. was my first house, bought it a few years ago (even though everyone was telling me that the market has slowed right down bla bla bla) and have probably made about 120k in capital gains. hope this helps. also west end is pretty nice too, if only i had the money

personally I believe any house in brisbane council is a good buy provided you purchase at fair market value. Even the percieved dodgier suburbs of brisbane like inala will see good CG IMHO.

Ip In Brisbane.

PINOOB, I'm no expert however for a more sucure investment with regards to what you are looking at I would look at Nundah if I had any more euity left.

I have looked at a lot of suburbs around there and thats a goodie. There are other of course.

Bearing in mind I'm not talking really speculative areas which as you know always bring in good returns when they come off.

Just my opinion.

POB

Why not purchase the next Residex report on top 100 growth suburbs for Brisbane? It is due out on the 7th August.

Thanks everyone for suggestions!

So far I was looking into Nundah, Corinda, Darra, Oxley etc.. I guess it's time to contact buyers agent in the area to help me buy quicker :)

Funny, I was just about to start another thread about this top 100 report, anyone bought it before? Is it any good? Because it ain't cheap, around ~200$?

Well, I personally can't go past the suburbs surrounding Everton Park and with 500K, you can probably buy a fairly nice house. I would tend to stay away from townhouses as a first IP, yes they look better, less maintenance, but you can hear people next door, harder to entertain, stairs...etc etc...

If I had 500K right now and could afford it, I would purchase...

A unit in the CBD...
A townhouse in St Lucia...
A house in....Carina http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&c=96404415&s=qld&snf=ras-bri&tm=1185272723

Carina is actually one of the best suburbs for access to most of Brisbane...good luck!:)

In addition to what has already been offered, I suggest doing a search with 'Brisbane' as the keyword (on Somersoft, of course).

I asked the same question only a few weeks ago and received brilliant replies. There's also a couple more threads going. You'll find a lot of useful information! :)

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks everyone for suggestions!

So far I was looking into Nundah, Corinda, Darra, Oxley etc.. I guess it's time to contact buyers agent in the area to help me buy quicker :)

Funny, I was just about to start another thread about this top 100 report, anyone bought it before? Is it any good? Because it ain't cheap, around ~200$?

John is the prophet and historian of property (something property investors need to be, but most of us don't have the time for) If you want to hit a bulls eye with your first IP you need to get the right infomation. $200 IMO is an investment and a tax deductable expense.:)

cheers

Back