Predictions for AUD/USD exchange rate?

Another day of very exciting Asian currency session with lots of happening, funny that the US and EUrope session are much more boring in the last couple of days even if volumes in Asia are much less.
Today the AU$ open quite high at 0.67-0.675 then it lost untill 0.644 (now).
Euro is quite low as well at 1.277 but quite a bit higher on the AU$ and closing to the 50 cent (0.550 euro). The Yen is really strong and got from 98 to 95.5 yen for US$

Wow 63 came up fast.

Cheers

Shane

Gee what a day! :eek:
The AU$ is below 0.61 now! it lost 10% from this morning
the Euro is hammered as well but is up against the AU$ at 0.485.
The Yen is gone up 5% against the greenback and 15% against the AU$ and NZ$.

What a stupid idea of floating currency by the labour government. It means we would be much poorer against other countries who are fixed to US$. US is in **** condition, HOW US$ is getting stronger? US interest rate is lower, its economy is deep recession, how can $US get stronger? It does not make any xxxx sense! Lower AU$, means poorer living standard because we are imported based country!!!

Hi, not surprising. The Japanese have the money and no debt.

Would be interesting to see the progress of Swiss francs.

Wonder if I were to [not going to, just hypothetically, based on the infamous little voice or hunch] buy 500000 Sw fr / USD what I would end up with in 10 days' time.

This is just as good a way to pass the time since we're all sitting on our thumbs in these uncertain economic conditions.

I'll be pleased if someone can tell me in 10 days time.

KY

Why is this good? If no Yen flow into Aus who will be able buy expensive assets?

My Auntie has a few dollars but she isn't buying at these prices. LOL

The Koreans and Japanese are buying our coal mines right now at fire sale prices. 40% discount no money down you like?!

The Koreans and Japanese are buying our coal mines right now at fire sale prices. 40% discount no money down you like?!

Bluddy ell! Again I ask Why is that good? What say you just stop using that big brown spoon , eh!

BTW Do you own any shares in OS miners? They've suddenly become very cheap too.

Have you checked how the Korean won has being doing lately?
things in Korea are worst then Australia, for sure they are not buying AU$ (none does lately, except perhaps the RBA)
The swiss francs went up a couple% on the US$ but going back to yesterday's price, I would say not much movement compare to other currencies.

What a stupid idea of floating currency by the labour government. It means we would be much poorer against other countries who are fixed to US$. US is in **** condition, HOW US$ is getting stronger? US interest rate is lower, its economy is deep recession, how can $US get stronger? It does not make any xxxx sense! Lower AU$, means poorer living standard because we are imported based country!!!
These days it is absolutely impossible to keep fixed exchange rate on a currency as big as the AU$. The currency market have tril$ on daily volumes. Even countries like Denmark are struggling this week big time to keep exchange rate fixed on the euro (they rised rates 0.50% today to boost the Dk Krona). THe best way is to have liberal government that keep the economy on a sustainable growth. Remember that this all started because US home prices rised too much and not because they fell too much. :eek:

Don't worry TA, this rate won't last (And I'm betting significant money on that fact).

Just went long for a whole lot more at 61.5c.

While all my trades are long, I'm happy for the aussie to keep sinking for a while coz I'll just keep buying up :D

Don't worry TA, this rate won't last (And I'm betting significant money on that fact).

Just went long for a whole lot more at 61.5c.

While all my trades are long, I'm happy for the aussie to keep sinking for a while coz I'll just keep buying up :D

I'm glad I blew up my hobby Forex/CFD account - will sleep better at night.

Now it is much more interesting to observe.... ;)

Good luck to the AUD bulls, though.

Japan has no debt? how do you figure?
The Jp gov't has plenty of debt but the people have bugger all,
A : because it's their culture to be ultra conservative with savings
B : their economy has been going nowhere for more than 15 years, so play safe.

Back