Private sale referred to by agent!

Personally, if I wanted to take the buyer through I would have asked permission first.

My thoughts are he appeared to use some bully tactics but whoever has heard of chinese whispers. I'm sure Jacque described the events as accurately as possible however it would take forever I'm sure to describe everything to a "T". To disect Jacque's words here is unfair to her and the agent.

It must have been clear the owner was selling privately, as an agent I believe I should respect the owners wishes and allow them to do so unless I have their permission to introduce someone. The owner had had plenty of agents contact them so why couldn't the agent do that before walking in the front door. For Jacque to tell the story here it must have been an issue for the owner and isn't that the point. Whatever the agent did do the owner didn't appreciate it.

I would suggest the agent would be better off assisting the owner with info and support to sell privately. Then when it didn't sell and she was looking for an agent to list with they would consider him. (80% of Private sellers end up with an agent, 2% of sales are private sales - REIQ) At least that is what we do.

Give him nothing I say. I think his actions are rude and arrogant.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Back