Qantas Grounded?

If everybody thought like that this world would never evolve and we'd have no pioneers or inventors. We'd be a pretty outback species.

So if anyone is content with a frugal life, great. But that doesn't give your lectures on how materialistic we've become any more weight.

Consider that.

What the heck is an 'outback' species meant to be?

(Do you mean - gulp! - Canadians? :eek:)

MIW,

Yep, sometimes it isn't all about the money

when was electricity invented,

Discovered........electricity was discovered.....sorry just my pet hate after a lifetime of electron flow induced lunacy.

ciao

Nor

Exactly my point, money alone will not make you happy (well there could be few who disagree). It's finding the balance between money, your family, friends, sporting/recreational, spiritual life. Finding that balance I suppose is the key....

Oh, of course, I understand that. No point having all this money if, for example, you spend most of your life in jail or your arms can't move.

Your original msg didn't come across that way though.

Oh, of course, I understand that. No point having all this money if, for example, you spend most of your life in jail or your arms can't move.

Your original msg didn't come across that way though.

I thought the message was clerear than you found it Deltaberry, but I can'texplain it better than MIW did.

I think it's more than the extreme examples you've given, but perhaps you didn't mean your post exactly like that it came across to me either...

Last edited:
Whilst fixating on that however, you did seem to miss her point & came acorss as dismissing it as if wrong.....

Probably. To me, he/she was saying happiness can be achieved without money and one should just pursue that. Hence my reply, which was that maybe that's true for some, but not for me.

Probably. To me, he/she was saying happiness can be achieved without money and one should just pursue that. Hence my reply, which was that maybe that's true for some, but not for me.

I think it was more aspiration for money hoping it will bring all the other stuff your missing to you sort of thing, might not actually do all that...otherwise yeah great !

like I said, I can't explain it other than what MIW said the first time

Back