QUIZ: 20qs Hanging Man

Here's an easy one I know.

Inside a warehouse, empty of anything bar a truck, a suicde note and a man. The man is dead - he has hung himself. He is hanging from a noose, 15ft above the floor.

How did he manage this?

Jas

The truck was a scissor lift, and he got up onto it then put his head into the noose, and pressed the 'DOWN' button.

The lift went down, and he didn't.

asy :D

Re: Re: QUIZ: 20qs Hanging Man

Originally posted by asy
The truck was a scissor lift, and he got up onto it then put his head into the noose, and pressed the 'DOWN' button.

The lift went down, and he didn't.

Interesting, but no.

The truck was parked against one wall, while he was in the middle.

Jas

[Originally posted by sandor
Hmmm, a big ice block would have helped. Was there any water marks on the floor? ;)

Why yes, there where water marks on the floor. Ice blocks make those after melting...

Good one sandor :)

Jas

So, putting answers to Asy and Sandor together, was the truck a refrigerated truck?????

If No, I'll crawl back where I came from.....

If Yes, then I turn it over to Sandor to wrap this one up,

Regards,

Ice melting on the foor? A big ice block.

OK, so he could have been standing on the ice block and waited for it to melt.

Now, I have had experience in defrosting freezer cabints in fridges. I'd turn off the thing, take out anything which was not frozen solid and stuck to the icebox (Adam and Eve, for instance), and wait. Four hours later, I'd have a few drips to clean up. In the end, I'd got to the hardware shop, buy a hammer and chisel, and chisel all the ice, sausage rools, and ancient biblical characters out of that freezer. After throwing copious amounts of hot water into the freezer, I'd be able to chisel a little bit more.

OK, so now there's a person standing on a huge block of ice, with some good noose around his neck, standing and waiting for the ice to melt. So he's going to be waiting there, standing upright, for three or four days for that lot to melt.

So he's got to speed it up a bit.

Obviously, if he takes his shoes and socks off to warm up the ice a bit, he'll catch his death of cold.

So he's got to do something else.

So he turns on the truck to warm up the room. Voila! Viola! The room is filled with carbon monoxide and it's taken a mere 15 hours to his unfortunate demise. And the 15 foot high block of ice has melted by the time the truck runs out of petrol some 43 hours later.

Originally posted by geoffw
Ice melting on the foor? A big ice block.

OK, so now there's a person standing on a huge block of ice, with some good noose around his neck, standing and waiting for the ice to melt. So he's going to be waiting there, standing upright, for three or four days for that lot to melt.

It's was really, really hot day. It was a specially contrusted block of ice, in a lattice form for easier melting.

;)

Jas

The man angled the mirrors on the truck to focus sunlight streaming in from a window to melt the block of ice.

The lattice design of the ice meant that the ray of light had only to be focused on one central point. When this melted the entire block of ice collapsed into fragments, thereby dropping the man to his death and strewing bits of ice across the floor where they finished melting in a more conventional way.

The man on the block of ice also had to hire someone to keep the truck moving for the light to be refelected onto the block of ice :)

Back