Racist Bullying Bosses

calling someone "black" because they have more melatonin in their skin is not racist, it's observation.

calling someone "white" because they have less melatonin in their skin is not racist, either.

example - the term like "white trash" would be just as effective if you removed the word "white", therefore, it's not racist. calling someone "trash" works with just the word, or other words in front of it like "trailer", "hobo", "gutter" etc.

so him calling someone a "black _insert derogatory term here_" is more of a public insult to his character, not his race. given, the term is just as effective without the word "black", but it's more attention grabbing to use it.

maybe he just has an arrogant sense of humour, that others find offensive.

but then, it's his right to offend as much as it is your right to be offended.

If there was no known racism between blacks and whites to start with, which we re all aware of, then ll of the above would be correct & relevant

However, we KNOW that rcism exists... and in this example, the peboss is isnullting the race, you stupid AUSTLRAIN - it is putting your stupidity down to your race.

How can you honestly say you do not understand that ?

Why did this particular boss feel the need to prefix his own statements with "I'm not racist "? If he had called him short he would not have mentionend "Im not racist", sow what made him mention it this time ? To me it's sadly, because he's being racist, and he feels he has a right to be racist to tht elvel, it shoudl be allowed nd anyone who whinges otherwise is a dogooder (or probably black)

I'm sure you know what I mean

As evidenced in my first post, an as admitted in a later one where I quoted Sunfish's reply, selecting the most pproprite wording is not always my strong point ;)

The occupational health, safety and welfare law and regulations say that employers must provide a safe and healthy working environment.

The Law Society of NSW has offered the following definition of bullying: "Unreasonable and inappropriate workplace behaviour includes bullying, which comprises behaviour which intimidates, offends, degrades, insults or humiliates an employee possibly in front of co-workers, clients or customers and which includes physical or psychological behaviour."

Importantly, employees have a duty under Occupational, Health and Safety laws to find out about bullying and take steps to prevent it. Under the NSW Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 an employer has an obligation to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees and this extends to bullying.

Employers also have a duty to take reasonable care for the safety of their employees at work. Essentially bullying is repeated inappropriate behaviour directed against a person by one or a number of other employees in the course of employment which could reasonably be regarded as undermining an individual's right to dignity at work.

More here

Find Law

calling someone "black" because they have more melatonin in their skin is not racist, it's observation.

calling someone "white" because they have less melatonin in their skin is not racist, either.

example - the term like "white trash" would be just as effective if you removed the word "white", therefore, it's not racist. calling someone "trash" works with just the word, or other words in front of it like "trailer", "hobo", "gutter" etc.

so him calling someone a "black _insert derogatory term here_" is more of a public insult to his character, not his race. given, the term is just as effective without the word "black", but it's more attention grabbing to use it.

maybe he just has an arrogant sense of humour, that others find offensive.

but then, it's his right to offend as much as it is your right to be offended.

Heven't you heard BC, there's no black and white, just shades of grey

Finally, I also hate double standard moderation and limp wristed insults from forumites. But I put up with them because I realize not all have evolved the same level of restraint over their animal nature.

Rest assured there is always discussion/debate behind the scene by mods to consider each case.

I am locking this as I feel all who wish to vent have vented.

The Y-man

Back