Rates drop 25bp

Waiting to hear what's passed o by the smaller banks. Specifically ING and IMB.
Nice timing for me though, I'm always happy to take a rate cut, but I have another bub due soon and it would be nice to have a bit more cash in the bank. ;)

Westpac went 0.28%.

I don't think they're surprising at all. They're playing catch up and are still about 10 points behind the others. They've had the highest rates of all the majors for over 5 years now.

My Westpac is .35 below St G and a quote I got from NAB

Westpac went 0.28%.

I don't think they're surprising at all. They're playing catch up and are still about 10 points behind the others. They've had the highest rates of all the majors for over 5 years now.

With all that extra coin they are making maybe they can update their internet banking system. Their internet banking looks like it is about 10 years out of date!

Westpac internet banking is a joke and looks like an 8 year old designed it. They should change the font from that old fashioned New Times Roman to Comic Sans. St George and Commonwealth have cutting edge hi tech websites.

Westpac internet banking is a joke and looks like an 8 year old designed it. They should change the font from that old fashioned New Times Roman to Comic Sans. St George and Commonwealth have cutting edge hi tech websites.

You go from one screen to another and the font, size and lay out changes. Wtf lol.

Seriously they bought out st george, they should just use their system and slap their logo on it.

Oh crap... 75% of my loans are fixed now!:p

All good. Remember that the decision to fix is a long term thing and the upside is that you have budgeting stability. Yes there are some downsides when you see the rates go down further after but you must respect the financial decision you made at the time to safeguard yourself and give some certainty.

Yep pretty surprising for them to do that.

No surprise they are still so far off the rest of the big4...

On pricing and the services they provide in terms of technology.

They are in the dinosaur ages with what they offer to client and what technology they have for staff...

You should see their online investing platform :eek:

agreed *pictures a room of Commodore 64s and dot matrix printers working overtime at Westpac HQ*

Back