Realestate.com has officially.....

just speaking to my account manager for RE.com.

more stuff being implented and fixes being added all the time - will be a little while before all the bugs are ironed out.

it wouldbe nice to search fo runder offer only, instead of excluding.

the under offer sign is very faint and doesnt really stand out

vacant land gets a better exposure

so many ads and flashign gizmos killing the machine!

don't like it I hate using domain aswell becuase of the structure but do like the keyword feature on domain to type in terms to sift through the junk

I agree re.com should not of changed 30 properties now 20 waste more time

don't change something that aint broken unfortunetly since everyone uses re.com and is well known we will have to stick with it please some one build a better site...

I had more of a look last night, nope definately don't like it. It's slow for me also and has too much crap on the page. I know I'll have to use it when I'm seriously looking to buy because it appears to be the most common (although if users drop off it may not be), but for now for my general curiosity browsing which I do daily, I think I'm going to stick with www.realestateview.com.au. My preference in layouts WAS RealEstate then RealEstateView and then Domain.

For the person who suggested Somersoft needs a face lift, if they change it, you're in big trouble! :)

Why don't they have a search function where you can enter a specific word.. ie corner block, dual income, block of units etc etc.

I would love that!

Daniel

Vomit......what aholes.

Broken in FFox and Internet Explorer for me, via three web connections. Everything is stacked up down the left hand side.

I had around 20 saved searches for rents, sales, user session and listings per suburb. This seriously sucks. I wonder if any of the idiots who planned this use the site intensively.

Simon Baker is a legend in my books. He is the guy who brought it back from near liquidation to make it market leader. He was sacked mid 2008.
He is now behind Nestoria.com.au but it still sucks.

I think rea.com's mistakes will open the door for more private sales. Nothing can stop that now. Am surprised ebay haven't come up with a master plan.

Here's rea.com's share price. and they started dishing out dividends in september last year. I used to trade it in 2003 when it ranged between 75 and 90cents.

rea.gif

Why don't they have a search function where you can enter a specific word.. ie corner block, dual income, block of units etc etc.

I would love that!

Daniel

You are so right! I would like
corner block,
granny flat,
north facing

It would literally save me about 4 hours a week if I could eliminate most listings via these key words.

I had around 20 saved searches for rents, sales, user session and listings per suburb.

I had 10 searches and all the parameters have been changed. :mad:

It would have been good to see a button there in the last few months saying that they were going to change it and what would we, the user, have found most useful.

Not being able to search by whole of North Brisbane for example (used to do that via map search) is a pain.
I dont want to have to type in multiple suburbs. I dont even know all their names????

I give up. Two days and I still can't find content on the page because it's so busy and badly organised and has so much extraneous distracting stuff. Like way too much animated advertising. You would think the advertising is the main thing and the houses for sale are just an afterthought, and if that's the effect they were going for then bravo! But you can't have advertising on both sides, on the banner, and in between listings and expect people to be able to use your site without getting a headache. Particularly as each RE office has their logo on each listing. It's just a visual mess.

If anything it seems to be loading slower than was at the start. Very frustrating since I keep having to reload pages to change my saved search from most relevant to latest listing. No point having extra features if the site itself is so slow to load because of everything they've packed in and some really useful features are missing.

Domain it is.

It's not a matter of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". In this modern age of information - you have to be at the forefront of new technologies. You have to be using AJAX, HTML5, Ruby-on-Rails and a dozen other web 2.0 technologies that I can't be arsed naming to make your product the one people want to use. Look at Facebook vs MySpace. Facebook had a clean design, and reinvented and pushed to the limit what was available and has completely left MySpace for dead.

No you don't. Unless you need to use those technologies to deliver the features or usability that people need. Changing technologies for the sake of changing technologies doesn't make sense and is a waste of effort. However, if you need to change to a new technology platform to introduce a new feature (that people want and like! :p), then absolutely!!

Websites like this should be as much about the presentation as the features (searches, etc). They've broken that, IMO. No good having the best search in the world if users find it difficult to read the search results.

And where's "recent sales" gone?

for those that said otherwise, regions are in there, but not displayed on the map (very poor UI IMO). ie: northern brisbane, southern brisbane, brisbane city,......

Click "Retire"

Oooh, the frustration persists. So much ancillary advertising detracts from the human user - technology interface. Refined searching remains a nightmare, loading is a bad dream and I am getting eye strain.

Yesterday I aimed to leave some feedback on the contact us link and after typing out my suggestions (particularly re: Map searches and Blocks of Units......in case any one from rea.com.au is reading this post) and when I clicked submit it proceeded to a page that was unavailable. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, the last click tab along the top of the home page where the Buy Rent, etc. tabs are needs to be deployed...........it is titled "RETIRE" :mad:

If this site is still in development would anyone from that organisation reading kindly advise on this thread., as to what the timeline is and what of the neglected search features might be re-instated..........PLEASE

It would have been too much of a courtesy to have emailed everyone who at least has registered details with the site and saved searches, shortlists and alerts to advise of these changes and likely bedding in period.

If this doesn't improve, heaven help those holding shares in this company :cool:

erghh i tried suing it yesterday and it was painful!
The criteria I usually use to search I cannot...as lil & others have said, i'll still use it, no choice...but grrr....it will certainly be less frequently thats for sure!

Back