RIP PennyK

IMG_0743.jpg

She would of course dine in classic French Bistros, where the food is very good, very cheap and the people jammed in and all very friendly and love Australie ( Australians)

IMG_0847.jpg

Penny, like all girls, liked to shop, and where but the Champs Elysees and Louis Vuitton, Flagship Store.

Last edited:
And now the story changes from my original promise.

Let me explain.

The plan was to toast a glass of champagne on the Pairs river in the sun under the tower but that day was frankly overcast and the river cruise as mostly canal and did not reach the tower. I thought, not right time, it will come, no worries I will wait.

And it did, the next day.

We went on Champagne Region Tour with a group or Americans and Canadians. It was sunny, fresh, and friendly.

We visited MUM Champagne House and walked the historic Cellars.

IMG_0878.jpg

At the end we were each given a glass of vintage to mark the day and asked if any one had a special toast to give.

IMG_0879.jpg

Last edited:
I have to apologise seriously, but since posting the pic of the group toasting Penny which was after the glasses being poured I realise i never told them I would be posting in the net. I don't feel comfortable doing that without express permission. If you want to see pic please PM me. I realise this is stuffs up the sentiment of my gesture and I again apologise. Really do.

I can write again what i had:

I mentioned to group this:

I had a friend called Penny who wanted to visit Paris but passed away recently.

I said Penny was our age and lived life full despite her illness and never let it stop her. She was a great person who advice and support was well respected on a internet forum I visit. We toasted her "Salut Penny". Which is french for cheers and can be hello or goodbye.

Also i apologise for the small pics and change in plans. The canal /river cruise felt sad and I wanted to do it in a happy place. The group was that. The moment was that. Hence the smiles in the pic I have deleted.

The french believe in a life well lived, the bon vivant: which translates roughly as "one who lives life well" Penny lived that creed.

Despite knowing what was coming, she did not wallow or dwell but accepted to fight, to live and enjoy each bit of time, be she had many, or few. A wonderful person that touched many of us here.

RIP PENNY and in your memory, some more pics of "your" Paris Adventure.

Last edited:
I have been asked via Kudos : Did we have nice Trip?

Yes we did very very much.

We left daughter at home this time for the three weeks and that made it better. France is lovely. Friendly. Love food, events, being out, having fun, manners, and simply, do love life. They take delight in simple things. They still mostly stop for two hours to lunch. Thats why Penny would have loved it. She was friendly and didn't judge and didn't tell us how bad things were. Too busy getting on with it!

Here are some more pics to enjoy in our friends memory.

Museum De Orsay : So much fine art it overwhelms you. Housed in a converted railway station.

IMG_0924.jpg

Live Violin Concert in Centuries old Church

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

So I will end with another toast. Not the toast but that is me and wife so I can post.

I think the sentiment here, is what we need to learn from Penny. Our final lesson.

That life is there to be loved and lived and enjoy it now, when the time is right and not to worry property this and money that, all the time. Wife and I always wanted to go to Paris and we simply said: stuff it, we are going! This was our second and hopefully not last trip. We didn't know french and had no firm itinerary at first when we decided with only 5 weeks to go. We let it take us where it went to some extent.

So buy that Porsche, do that holiday, develop that lot, sign up for that course in cooking, painting, etc.. as life is short.

Money buys freedom but you still have to chose to take it.

Peter

Back