Sarah Palin....is this scary, or what?

Amy,

This is the country that allowed the Republicans to openly steal the last two elections. Why is this surprising? Have you listened to Osama speak? The guy doesn't have a stand on anything of any real importance. We voted out an **** kissing moron only to elect another **** kissing moron.

I used to have some level of interest in politics. These days, I just don't care. I'm gonna get mine and that's all I care about.

Mark

Have you listened to Osama speak?

Only on those corny home videos released by the CIA every so often. ;)

Repeat after me... oh-BAH-ma...oh-BAH-ma

I appreciate that Sarah Palin isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the poor lady is being examined far more than any other VP candidate that I can recall in recent history. Sexism at work?? I think so.

On the other side of the coin - would I recognise Joe Biden if he passed me on the street? No, I wouldn't.

I appreciate that Sarah Palin isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the poor lady is being examined far more than any other VP candidate that I can recall in recent history. Sexism at work?? I think so.

Ah come on, let's not pull out that old 'sexism' chestnut. So she's a woman, so what? She's copping heat from every angle. I mean to a point I can understand why - who is she? She's the Govenor of Alaska, no one's heard of her, all of a sudden BLAM! she's running as VP.

You and I both know she was put in as VP to try and pinch feminist votes after Hilary got canned (with good reason - could you imagine her running the country? Good lord.). From what I've seen, I think she's done quite well so far. Sure that video makes her look bad, but hell, she's been put under a microscope for the last month or two and she's only human.

Mark

You and I both know she was put in as VP to try and pinch feminist votes after Hilary got canned

I agree.

It isn't the republicans fault that Obama is so full of himself that he couldn't bring himself to even seriously consider Hilary as a running mate.

(with good reason - could you imagine her running the country? Good lord.).

Personally, I would have loved to have seen President HRC.

I am not an Obama fan.

From what I've seen, I think she's done quite well so far. Sure that video makes her look bad, but hell, she's been put under a microscope for the last month or two and she's only human.

I agree. I believe Sarah Palin is acquitting herself quite well.

But I also believe she's getting far more coverage (good and bad) than Biden.

Most of the posters on this forum could have handled that question far more adroitly.

She has been sheltered from the media and on one of the few occassions where she actually has to answer a question - it appears that she has no idea what she is talking about at all.

Male, female, black or white - its just not good enough.

Amy,

This is the country that allowed the Republicans to openly steal the last two elections. Why is this surprising? Have you listened to Osama speak? The guy doesn't have a stand on anything of any real importance. We voted out an **** kissing moron only to elect another **** kissing moron.

Mark

Don't agree with this. What do you class as a topic of real importance?

To me, the real issues for the average person in the USA (based on street talk and coffee break discussions) are cost of Health Care, the Health Care system in total - it is a disgrace over there, the Education system, taxation and jobs, cost of living and racism, Iraq and global warming.

As for Obama, I had to listen to him on the USA teev every day since Sept 2005, and I can promise you he is very strong on all the above issues.

One other really refreshing issue he is strong on is getting rid of all those fat, lazy b@stards in Congress, who are only there to ride the perks wave. If there was ever a job needing doing, it is cleaning out the mountains of dead wood in the US parliament.

The Repub pollies keep dragging up the right to life issue and same sex marriages as something important, but the person in the street never talks about those two issues. Go figure that one.

I have never heard GeeDubya mention even ONCE in the last 3 years any specific economic issue that he would address and seek to fix - it has only ever been Iraq and protecting the country from terrorists.

Don't worry about Obama; he's what's needed in that joint.

Last edited:
CNN what a lovely Democrat biased network!
If Sarah Palin was an economic genius, with all the answers to the current problems, and CNN was doing the interview or report, she would come out looking very ordinary at best.

Lacasa

What we need Is a great big melting pot
Big enough to take the world
And all it's got
Keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
Turning out coffee colored people by the score

If one were to mix the four the result would be a far better candidate than any of the individuals. Both candidates selected a "contra" image as running mate but the result is that nothing makes sense. :confused:

Being a country gal, I think at least Sarah would know the diff between inhaling, sucking, and sex.

I'd rather have a dumb honest leader with smart advisors, than a sharp lying leader who believes his own BS, in preference to his advisors.

I find the whole system over their totally stupid.

They take a year to decide who the main candidates are then ....
Pull some unknown out of thin air the last 4 weeks. :eek:

And if you want to get a real feel for obama:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=luA0AMP51Gc

Some people might mistake his caged answers for weakness. But i think it shows he thinks before speaking. He doent just come up with one sentance catch phrases to solve problems. The world is more complicated than that and hopefully American wakes up to the fact that is is merely a part of the world, not the dictator of the world.

and this is what happens when an investment/property site delves into politics... sorry bit harsh.

Please at least read or perhaps listen to some of obamas' books or do some research into both parties beforing providing a palin type answer.

To an extent I agree with the advisors statement that was made... but, let's be honest... bushie is an f'en moron. If not for the 'smartest guys in the room' ;) he wouldn't even be close to where he is right now.
Strong advisors are paramount, but an incredibly intelligent man with such a past will do a fantastic job for that nation.

Back