Seen any movies lately?

Hubby and I saw Inglorious Basterds on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it and I went with three friends last night to see Adam, and thought it was good too.

I would have to say the funniest movie I have ever seen is "Euro Trip". My eldest daughter and her mates watched it and raved and I thought...teen garbage, hubby watched it and raved and I thought....idiot with no taste. I watched it eventually, under protest and laughed my head off. I usually avoid movies like american pie and that type of teenage rot BUT this is a seriously funny (and incredibly rude and non pc) movie.

Enjoy (not when little kids are around)...great part with Matt Damon not as you normally see him.

"scotty doesn't know........"

Yeah you are right Joan.....This is a good movie.

Good ol scotty gets a good sort in the end. (the vatican scene was pretty good)

Cheers,

F

Watched Avatar today - really enjoyed it. Can see why it's all the rage - special effects were amazing and the 3D is a unique touch.

Cheers,

Jamie

Seen a few recently.

Inglorious Basterds
Sherlock Holmes

Really enjoyed them all, with my fave been Avatar, effects were amazing. I didn't realise just how long James Cameron was working on that movie.

Might watch District 9 tonight!

Avatar immediately became one of my favourite movies last week, although I only got to see it in 2D.

For those that saw Avatar in 3D, did you find your eyes getting sore or was there any nausea/headaches (due to the 3D, not due to poor acting or storyline)? The last time I watched 3D at Imax was a short film of about 90 minutes... I'm not sure if I could watch a 160-minute 3D flick, unless the tech has greatly improved since 2002.

Me and my Girlfriend started to get a bit funny at the start, but we got used to it after a while and it was OK. I thought I was in for a blinder of a headache but was all good.

Seen a few recently.

Inglorious Basterds
Sherlock Holmes

Really enjoyed them all, with my fave been Avatar, effects were amazing. I didn't realise just how long James Cameron was working on that movie.

Might watch District 9 tonight!

District 9 is really very good. Esp when you consider where it was shot and set.

No problems with the 3D during Avatar. It's not like the 3D films they usually have at Imax where there is stuff coming out fo the screen at you all the time to have you ducing for cover. If that happens then maybe you'd feel a bit of motion sickness.

The 3D more just pulls you into the screen, making you feel like you are there on Pandora with them.

No problems here with eyes regarding the 3D glasses.

Regards
Marty

Ditto and I wear glasses under the 3d glasses.

Recently saw, out of 10:

Avatar : 10 ( agree with Andrew A, must see in 3D) Equal to Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Titanic ( better), Terminator , Gone with the Wind and Aliens as movies of thier time. Should win Acadeny Awar, but will not.

2012 : 8 for pure fun, 6 if you think about it...dont think

Planet 51: 3.5 there are much better kids/adult movies. Expected more

Fantastic Mr Fox: 6 but wife thinks 8. Arr boring?

District 9: 9 very scary in a racisim is real way.

Inglorious *******s: 2 and yes i tried, and I know it is not serious, but making fun of WWII does not work for me, and the cliches, and cartoonish characters. I did not expect much but got less. Take out Pitt and it would never have made the big screen.

Capote: 7.5 very well acted and rivoting history.

And old favorites from DVD:

Dodgeball: 10 should not work, should run out of jokes, does not, keeps fresh and hilarious LOL!!

Peter

:

Avatar : 10 ( agree with Andrew A, must see in 3D) Equal to Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Titanic ( better), Terminator , Gone with the Wind and Aliens as movies of thier time. Should win Acadeny Awar, but will not.

Peter

Aliens was such a great movie, and one of the rare times the sequel was better than the original. After watching avatar recently I got it out again. Watched it while planting the sunflowers. The special effects are still amazing. Terminator was great too.

I think avatar will have to win a lot of awards. I'm a science fiction fanatic, so I was always going to like it, but everyone does and it's such a simple story.

See ya's.

Back