selling on this forum

OK looks like there are a few individuals that seem to become very reactivated with anyone who may have a signature leading to a sales page or business, anyone who is "out there" in business and here to meet new clients, prospects leads.

My opinion is Go for it, I love knowing what others do and what services they have - god knows I might do business with them one day - and I have not seen any hard selling here only an awareness of what people do.

Others are sent off into a downward psychological spiral at the thought of it, it ends up in a rage and name calling, which I do not mind myself, I find it interesting but here are some things to think about?

Tell me everything that is wrong with selling?

what do you think of sales people?

what do you think of people who make more money than you?

what does "spruiker" mean to you?

would you be comfortable with talking to media outlets about what you do?

what do you think of others who do make that choice to give their business a boost?

If someone was making $1000,000 per year through signature links on this forum (unlikely but what if) - how would that be a problem for you?

Do you ever think that you need to trust someone else with your wealth?

What would it take to graciously accept what others are doing even if you disapprove?

you have the choice to stay out of threads started by "spruikers" - this one included.

If you are constantly chasing "spruikers" and their threads just to show others how wrong they are - how does that help you? What specifically is the purpose of such conduct? What purpose does it serve?

with my care factor peaking at zero, my attitude is approximately

Attachments

• concrete.jpg
    concrete.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 361
Yeah i agree completely Xenia.

Like who cares if i'm a dodgy piece of ***** let me just spruik in peace. I don't really care if people come here to share knowledge freely, all im here for is to spin a buck off the newbs n *****.

If people come here and don't spin $$$ of the forum those guys are just idiots eh, high five anyone?

Promoting business is fine, it's just my own personal views are in relation to some peoples ethics/integrity... I've used plenty of services i got from here (broker, depreciation schedules, buyers agent).

My opinions have been forged after reading posts, talking with people on MSN, private msg's, via phone and in person. I have also told a person i do business with on this forum that i felt a person they was associating themselves with was dodgy/spuikerish (that company is not on this forum). So some people i'm giving love to at the moment in regards to their businesses is just because of the opinion i have formed of them based on things i've read posted from them, posted by others, discussed with them via instant messenger, via private msg.

The so called "problem" has been pointed out many times, but for the hard of hearing (or reading) vendors touting themselves as "experts" who come here showing no expertise, cry foul, respond with claims of persecution and reply with irrelevance to questions about anything they hawk, spruik or sell.

Can you pls post your bank details, I don't believe that you have a trillion dollar portfolio. Thanking you.
He purchased some it from me for a few hundred of these:
kennedy_front.jpg

Which is why my new book is titled:
"How to take advantage of the mining boom and easily make a few hundred billion dollars in a few months"

But you raise a good point Xenia, why should i care. It's like an epiphany now....people are going to get sucked into something every day whether it's good or bad. I shouldn't care about them at all and just focus on my own game

Cheers :)

So some people i'm giving love to at the moment in regards to their businesses is just because of the opinion i have formed of them based on things i've read posted from them, posted by others, discussed with them via instant messenger, via private msg.

you send LOVE to people due to their business? what does that mean?

i have not problem at all with a link being in the signature. people can then choose to either follow the link of not. if you don't want to click on the link to their businesses etc - then don't. it's not not like anyone "flogs" their goods.

end of problem

That's because you are a balanced person Lizzy - that's the response I would expect.

for those who are dead against it, I'd love to find out why!!!

But you raise a good point Xenia, why should i care. It's like an epiphany now....people are going to get sucked into something every day whether it's good or bad. I shouldn't care about them at all and just focus on my own game

Cheers :)

so you are concerned that people are going to get sucked into something and you want to stop it?

Hmm interesting I think there is more underlying but let's explore?

How do you know they will get sucked in? What does being sucked in mean to you?

That's because you are a balanced person Lizzy - that's the response I would expect.

for those who are dead against it, I'd love to find out why!!!

I'm not against it but I think one concern is that Somersoft has been around for a long while, is a reputable site and apparently high on google searches.
When someone visits the site and sees an established poster offering services there is a form of reflected credibility.

Now legally there is no issue of liability to Somersoft if a visitor clicks through to a wonky business. Somersoft should perhaps charge for this- most other sites do for advertising.

Should we care about wonky businesses or people sucked in by the same? It is someone elses problem after all. Many who work an honest job for a modest wage get resentful of wonky businesses making a motza but not providing a service. ( no,not tall poppy syndrome- more a case of " I work hard and don't make much, but X runs a wonky business and makes millions and they are getting away with it -where is the justice in the world?")

I run a law practice specializing in property law and some litigation. No one on this forum knows who I am nor will they find out as I come onto this forum to learn and to share. I like to think my business is a medium priced practice but with 20 yrs property experience- try getting that at Conveyancing Works!
I have plenty of banks offering me kickbacks to refer work to them. I give my referrals for free to a girl who flicks me work and gives my clients .97% off the current CBA rate. I have no undisclosed commissions. Can all of the businesses who advertise on this forum say that?

In my practice I see many people who are the victims of scams- from outright fraudsters, scumbag real estate agents and a few victims of the education/spruiker circuit. If they didn't make their millions from their "education" it was because they didn't try hard enough, didn't take the mentoring option, hung around non like minded people who did not have the millionaire mindset etc etc etc. I tell them that commercially it will cost more money to sue them then they will ultimately recover. The clients have lost their money and I have wasted my time ( I usually don't charge for those consultations- why kick someone in the guts when they have already been hit once?)

So what is "ripped off" or "sucked in"?
Don't even get me started.

If Dudley Quinlivan (King of cons and two teired marketing) posted on this forum and advertised his business- would that be ok?

What does being sucked in mean to you?

1. Losing money to someone I barely know..

2. If I make money however, they are a genius and I will spruik their wares to all and sundry

3. Until I lose money to someone I barely know

* posted in jest of course

I'm fine with people placing details of their business in their signature. Particularly those that are big contributors to this site, either in giving advice or in general property investing discussions. Most business is made via referral and/or reputation and you can get to know people on here a little when they regularly post. I have referred someone to a buyer's agent on here - I'd never spoken to that person directly on here but felt I knew them enough to recommend them to someone else.

On the downside, not a fan of those with very few posts who only answer questions in their profession/business field and suggest you contact them for more info, having their signatures at the bottom of their post. I am a mortgage broker but I don't contribute enough on here to warrant having my signature included. While the majority of brokers on here that do make a huge impact on the forums do so because they want to and not because their main aim is to generate business, I'd rather any potential business/referrals go to them rather than someone like me who is sporadic in my contribution to this place.

Checking my blog stats, I've had 691 hits from Somersoft (of a total 43,420). That's 1.6% of traffic. $275.13 generated from ad revenue x 1.6% = $4.40 earned from SS. Don't be haters, I have big plans for those few bucks!!

Checking my blog stats, I've had 691 hits from Somersoft (of a total 43,420). That's 1.6% of traffic. $275.13 generated from ad revenue x 1.6% = $4.40 earned from SS. Don't be haters, I have big plans for those few bucks!!

It might highlight one thing from Somersoft.

I really enjoy this forum, but in the whole scheme of things, how many people on this forum are 'regulars' contributing to posts. A regular poster is not the same as 'new hits'.

At that price.....One caffiene hit and we're square ;)

Back