So Why do You Invest in Property ?

As I catch up on this weeks property investment news from industry commentators and leading property institutes on the latest figures around the country I do from time to time ponder what got me interested in property investment in the first place.

In my latest blog I suggest what you can do to invest more wiesely and being a more confident property investor. Enjoy !

I like the warm fuzzy feeling it gives me knowing its making me Mega Wealthy :eek:

Then again I could be wrong and that feeling maybe be my incontinence. ;)

Last edited:
To secure future financial freedom. I don't enjoy 9-5 work, so will do my best to make sure that I don't have to do it for longer than necessary.

On a side note, it is interesting how this then deems me as taking the lazy path by many, although I will still spend many hours a week reading/researching property.

It's not about the money for me.

I simply very much enjoy making my Tenants feel miserable every time their oppressive slumLord knocks on the door demanding the food off their table.

Like back in the Victorian era, knowing that you are placed well above your Tenants in society gives one a certain air of superiority that is simply delish.

Righto, can't chat, off to collect the rent from the b@st@rds....

I simply very much enjoy making my Tenants feel miserable every time their oppressive slumLord knocks on the door demanding the food off their table.

Like back in the Victorian era, knowing that you are placed well above your Tenants in society gives one a certain air of superiority that is simply delish.

It was nice to read your post, "Baron Dazz".

Leverage, housing is a commodity (of sorts), physical asset, set and forget investment so I can concentrate on my career for now and have my IPs ticking away in the background. High barriers to entry to keep the turnip farmers and the unwashed masses out...

BuildingBlocks said:
It was nice to read your post, "Baron Dazz"

might have to trade up the harley, mate....

aircraft_557067871.JPG

Dazz,
You are a hoot !!!!
So true..but that is just a bonus.
I like the money ...but it is a more than that.
It's a game.

So I don't have to retire on the pension :eek:

Chomp

Oh yes that would be the main one surely The thought of living on the pension gives me the heavey jeaveys......

And I enjoy the challenge, finding the right deal adding it to the portfolio and looking for the next !

KJ

Actually I've always had an interest, a fascination for property, houses, even land. From a child. I used to sketch designs into the dirt with a stick, actual plan designs.

It's something I could research well, all the reasons sort of came together, like a perfect storm for investment? Plus I think I do it okay, meaning there are enough aspects of it, (yes, I consider it a game too), to have good strengths in some areas, compensating for my lessor strengths.

I love sourcing the deal, I love the research, I enjoy bringing together a property to then get returns from it, I love getting the best returns possible, the 'crafting' of that.

I enjoy meeting the characters within the game, other investors, their stories, the tenants, the PM's, the mortgage broker! The builders, all the guys and gals.

Your question brings the response to my mind of 'let me count the ways'-but mostly it's a field I am interested in, it's a game and mostly-mostly it is fun.

I still sketch house design plans too.

Property is a girl's best friend.

Back