Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

I have attached a rental record calculator that may come in handy. We use it to track tenants in two of our IP's who have been paying literally week by week. I have left figures in tact so you can see how it works.

Regards.

This is a good little record keeper Jingo...might tweak and tart it up a bit...

Anyone else have a rental record/property management spread sheet they'd like to post?
Perhaps something a more detailed?

R:)

hi all

Does anyone use a property tracker program to monitor the selling prices for homes in a suburb?

i am currently keeping a file on two suburbs (certain areas of these too), and think i am wasting too much time. I basically am wanting to do a spreadsheet where it has the address, asking price, any updated price, picture of the house and link to the realestate.com.au page.

I am doing it in microsoft word, but think i should be using excel or something. any ideas? anyone do anything similar/better?

hi all

Does anyone use a property tracker program to monitor the selling prices for homes in a suburb?

i am currently keeping a file on two suburbs (certain areas of these too), and think i am wasting too much time. I basically am wanting to do a spreadsheet where it has the address, asking price, any updated price, picture of the house and link to the realestate.com.au page.

I am doing it in microsoft word, but think i should be using excel or something. any ideas? anyone do anything similar/better?

Why attempt to waste time & re-invent the wheel when its already available online?

Last edited:
These are updates for some of the spreadsheet resources I have put up before. They are too big to meet Somersoft's criteria for spreadsheets, and storing them offsite will allow me to update them without having to post multiple copies to this thread.

Rent vs Buy
for First Home Buyer

The above link gives me a a 404 Not found error :(

And opening the earlier version of that spreadsheet "rentvsbuy sliders.xls" gives the Excel error "File error: data may have been lost".

Hi Tess.

I cannot remove spreadsheets from Somersoft. If you are having trouble with older copies it may be because you do not have an excel add in or you may not have iterations set properly in options.

I started putting newer spreadsheets on an external site to somersoft because there is a size limit on what can be uploaded.

I decided to not make available all external spreadsheets for several reasons, one being forumites found them complex to use.

Hi all

I have a single property appraisal model I've been developing for a while. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it. Unfortunately, it only zips down to about 500kb, (2mb unzipped) so I'm unable to upload it here. However I've attached a hard coded version of the main sheet so you can see what it looks like. I'm happy to email it to anybody who wants it, just PM me with your email address.

At the moment it's only set up for Victorian stamp duty rates, but you could easily overwrite cell D7 on the Inputs sheet with an alternative stamp duty amount.

Basically, every cell with a red format is property specific. Also, everything you need to input and see is on the Inputs sheet - all the calcs are on other sheets.

Please let me know if you want a version.

Cheers
Jonathon

Attachments

• Real estate investment model (Nov08) HC.xls
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,341
Hi all

I have a single property appraisal model I've been developing for a while. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it. Unfortunately, it only zips down to about 500kb, (2mb unzipped) so I'm unable to upload it here. However I've attached a hard coded version of the main sheet so you can see what it looks like. I'm happy to email it to anybody who wants it, just PM me with your email address.

At the moment it's only set up for Victorian stamp duty rates, but you could easily overwrite cell D7 on the Inputs sheet with an alternative stamp duty amount.

Basically, every cell with a red format is property specific. Also, everything you need to input and see is on the Inputs sheet - all the calcs are on other sheets.

Please let me know if you want a version.

Cheers
Jonathon
Hi Johathon,

I started off with a spreadsheet (not quite as elaborate as yours) but after I downloaded a demo of PIA software I deleted it straight away. Why re-invent the wheel? Please see http://www.somersoft.com.au/piafpu.htm

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi Bazza

I took a quick look at the demo version of the PIA software and it certainly seems, at first glance, to have all the key features you'd need. However I prefer the extra flexibility that Excel gives you.

Incidentally, building models is what I do for a living - I run the financial modelling team in one of the big 4 accounting firms, so I'd always go for the Excel version over a compiled piece of software, but that's just my personal preference.

Cheers
Jonathon

Feasibility spread sheet

Hi all and thanks for the different spread sheets.

Just wondering if there is one which would help me determine if a building project is worth doing?

Thanks guys

Swany

IP Calculator a godsend!

Michael, you are a champion! For those of us new to the investement game, the IP Calculator is a godsend. Still learning how some parts work / what they mean etc but what a fabulous start! For those of us who can use excel, but not create the templates ourselves, THANK YOU.

James,

OK, I'll throw a few up here that might be of use to members. The LOE one is just a really simple illustration of how LOE can work. The second one is my IP costing bible. I can't lay claim to the original spreadsheet but I added a few little bits like the rental reality check for those Navra-ites amongst us. Whether you adhere to rental reality or not, it is still a powerful IP modelling spreadsheet....Cheers,
Michael.

Back