Spec Homes

I was wondering if there are any books,websites,workshops or any contacts that you know of that can give you a step by step guide for beginners building spec homes (the what and what not to do's). I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks Jason.

Can't think of any sites bute i think the important things are:

1. Pick your area well, one where there is demand and where you will be able to sell easily.

2. Site selection - find a block that will be easy to build on and won't have extra site costs.

3. Pick your target market and work out what they want in a house - How many bedrooms, garage, bathrooms, aircon.

4. Make sure you add something that puts you ahead of your competition, but ensuring that you don't over capitalise.

5. Find a builder that you are happy with and will give you what you want, its good to find this before you find your block.

6. Make sure you that you work out what the sale price will be and ensure that you have a buffer built in for unforseen costs.

7. Also make sure you check out tax implications such as GST.

Thank you very much for information, if you hear anything more can you let me know. I looked on your threads, which the townhouses you are building will help me out a bit. Thanks again, Jason.

Back