sydney ,I want the best return !

How much cost for BA ?
Thanks !
Hi snowwhite
We Buyers Agents tend to charge varying fees. We charge a flat fee of $8,000 plus GST. We also have a $997 (non-refundable) engagement fee - however this comes off the total fee once the contract goes unconditional.

Cheers
Harry

Your fees are very high :eek:

So is her level of service and expertise, I believe. As with most things, I think, price should be judged on value rather than simple dollar figures.

Although looking at the prices quoted on Jacque's website, I didn't notice anything excessive. There are plenty of buyers agents who charge more and among them, many who deliver less.

So is her level of service and expertise, I believe. As with most things, I think, price should be judged on value rather than simple dollar figures.

Although looking at the prices quoted on Jacque's website, I didn't notice anything excessive. There are plenty of buyers agents who charge more and among them, many who deliver less.

You have used her services? :rolleyes:

Or are you quoting from someone else's experience?

Compared with?
Interesting that both Jacque and Garry are quoting pretty much the same. Would suggest they are competitive.

Exactly!

When you think that the average house price that Jacque would buy would vary between $500K for a 2brm unit, to $700-800K for a pretty average house, then her fees would only amount to around 1.1% to 2% of the purchase price.:cool:

FWIW, mine are about the same as Garry's and Jacque's.

At the end of the day though, perceived value is in the eye of the beholder. Some people see various professional's fees as a 'cost', others see it as a great 'saving'.

Well, I'd much rather pay the "high" fees of Jacque and co than the fees that a certain Buyers Agent that I have seen in action in my home stomping ground. I'm not sure if the fee is higher or lower, but I know that the service is pretty damn poor.

In saying this, I am a self confessed tight wad, and would have a lot of trouble justifying ANY Buyers Agent unless they well and truely delivered what I was requiring from them. From what I have seen and heard of, the BA's on this forum mostly do that.

Buyers Agent fees

Hi all

It's interesting to compare the fee charged by a Sales Agent TO that of a Buyers Agent! It's also interesting to note that the majority of mistakes tend to be made when buying real estate (not selling).

Personally, I believe a good Buyers Agent, just like a good Mortgage Broker, Lawyer, Accountant, etc, is more than worth it---particularly when the buyer is either time poor OR inexperienced.

BUT, I'm biased!!

Cheers
Garry

It is interesting to read peoples thoughts about Buyers agents. I first heard of such a thing when I was in the US several years ago and I always thought it made sense.

For me, if they do deliver as expected, then I think they would be a great asset.

I really agree with Garry - The mistakes do seem to come when buying and not selling.... So that really is food for thought.

Buyers Agents

Thanks for your comment Mark1980.
I guess everyone has an opinion, however we find that many folks (including some sales agents), are not aware that Buyers Agents exist.

All the best
Garry

I am not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this and segway the conversation into buyers agents... But I am really intertested to find out more.

When I mentioned that I had heard of them, I literally just heard of them. I am not entirely sure what they would do for me...

How much of the process is handled by the buyer's agent? What stage of the buying process would I introduce them?

Thanks! =)

I am not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this and segway the conversation into buyers agents... But I am really intertested to find out more.

When I mentioned that I had heard of them, I literally just heard of them. I am not entirely sure what they would do for me...

How much of the process is handled by the buyer's agent? What stage of the buying process would I introduce them?

Thanks! =)

A Buyers Agent is like a 'mirror reflection' of a Sales Agent. While a Sales Agent is legally (and hopefully morally) obliged to work in the best interests of the seller, a Buyers Agent is legally obliged to work in the best interests of the buyer.
A Buyers Agent can handle as little or as much as the buyer wishes. In our business the majority of our clients (ie buyers) are either time poor OR inexperienced and want a professional to do it for them. This involves:
* establishing their requirements (short-term & long-term), borrowing capacity (via their financier)
* identifying an area in which to invest (if they haven't already decided on an area)
* researching the area, specific suburb, street and property
* providing a report on our findings
* making recommendations regarding specific properties and the reasons for those recommendations
* inspecting the property(s)
* if the client is happy to proceed, negotiating the deal
* arranging for the preparation of the contract subject to appropriate conditions, eg finance approval, building/pest inspections (the client's legal representative must see and approve the terms & conditions of the contract)
* following up as things progress to settlement

There are other services we offer depending on the client's objectives, eg if they intend doing a 'value-add' such as a cosmetic reno, adding a granny flat, etc, we can also help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Garry

Hi snowwhite
We Buyers Agents tend to charge varying fees. We charge a flat fee of $8,000 plus GST. We also have a $997 (non-refundable) engagement fee - however this comes off the total fee once the contract goes unconditional.
Cheers Harry

This is a forum for investors. As a salesman you are getting free advertising here and that is entirely inappropriate. I urge you to desist.

Thanks! =)

As another famous moderator used to say: How did you find this forum and what is your intention?

...errr.....Gary?

Back