Tafe OTEN courses

Has anyone ever done a Tafe OTEN course? It is the long distance courses that you can complete from home.

Im considering doing one, more for brain stimulation than anything else. No plans to get a job out of the qualifications, I just enjoy learning.

Im looking at a financial course but notice their offerings are limited compared to the regular Tafe course listing.

If you've ever done an OTEN course I'd be interested in hearing about how it went for you.

Yes did some accounting modules through oten. All the materials were good you just need to be disciplined enough to stick to a regular program. Very tempting to put things off till the last minute.

Yes did some accounting modules through oten. All the materials were good you just need to be disciplined enough to stick to a regular program. Very tempting to put things off till the last minute.

I agree.

I did some accounting and then valuation for a couple of years.

The materials were excellent and the weekend field trips were great as you met fellow students and formed a de facto study group.

So its not totally distant? Do you have to go to TAFE or field trips on weekends?

The reason i want to do OTEN is because I have an unpredictable schedule and cannot commit to going to classes or things at certain times or days. Guess I will have to look into it more but I did get the impression you could do the entire course from home.

I guess it depends a lot on the course - with valuation you had to get out and see property in the flesh. From memory it was just 1 Saturday per term and I had plenty of warning re the dates.

Tiger,

I have done some courses this way and have been happy with them. The only thing I found compared normal ones was that you have to do twice the amount of work to prove you know the subject.

Tiger,

I have done some courses this way and have been happy with them. The only thing I found compared normal ones was that you have to do twice the amount of work to prove you know the subject.

Crikey :eek: :D

Which courses did you do?

Tiger,

I have done some trade courses (modules) by this method so nothing to in to depth.

A work mate is studying Medical science at uni and he finds that he rarely has to go into uni as they have a comprehensive website that shows all the info he needs to know, some courses he just goes in for the exam.

Back