That pass was SO forward (State of Origin)

Still, it isn't the players fault.

Imho the refs have been getting worse and worse (more lenient) on this sort of thing for years.

M

State of Origin must be regarded as a different game. Lots of stuff was let go that would normally be a penalty on a Friday night or Sunday. The first penalty didn't happen till 50 minutes. Makes it a better spectical though, and it was.

Another great game that could have went either way.
Queensland are just too good.
Shame the last game will be a dead rubber.

See ya's.

I agree that pass was forward BUT..... I also think there were other forward passes in the game let go. It's just that THAT forward pass led to a try that it gets highlighted.

There were so many high tackles (especially from Hindmarsh (as usual)) that were also let go.

Still thought the better side won on the night.

As they say "the hungrier dog gets the bone".

Regards
Marty

Rules are rules, TC.

And it isn't a game, it's a business.

A forward pass => penalty to NSW (no try for Qld) => turnover to NSW at that point => potentially a very different outcome.

M

Hi Guys

Get real.

In tight games the losing team always blame the ref.

Hahahahaha, the BEST team won anyway.:D

Regards

I only saw the last half but to me it seemed the blues always had the ball with the maroons defending. There should have been ample opportunity for the blues to score. Blues were given a penalty against Maroons and it was near the tryline, yet they played the ball instead of kicking for goal.

On the sidelines, did I see right? The maroons were wearing bright pink bathrobes? :eek:

We were also wondering about they felt about wearing the pink bathrobes. We actually rewound the footage and the bathrobes only seemed to come half way down their forearms.

Had to have a giggle.

Wylie

I think forward passes are a blight on the game, but the blues had already thrown a few themselves before THAT one.

The ref is always going to miss most because they are on the 10m line. Them's the breaks!!!!!

While ever QLD have Thurston and Lockyer, they will have an unfair advantage. Possibly the two best players in the world right now. Anasta is only there because there is no one else, although I thought Kimmorley went pretty good.

It would have been a real ding dong battle for the Oz halfback position between Andrew Johns and Thurston had Johnsey not wore out.

See ya's.

Rules are rules, TC.

And it isn't a game, it's a business.

M

I'm with Pitt on this one (don't really care about the game or the result) - the rules are the rules - whatever the game. If the game slows down because the ref is always on the whistle - there's one way to fix that, don't blame the ref, blame the players, who could keep the game moving if they would just play the game according to the rules...

Giving leniency only confuses the issue and gives players an incentive to test the limits - which leads to inconsistency in application of the rules and abuse of the rules as a tactic.

Eg, if feigning injury (taking a dive) in football (soccer) was harshly penalised in the first instance, the game would flow alot better. Instead, we get Australia penalised for standing upright in a challenge (playing the game) whilst others fall at the slightest hint of contact.

Cheers,

I was pretty surprised that Hayne was the ref. There are some other refs who are more deserving of the spot than him. I still remember how he sent off Peachy few years back just because he was waving his hands while he was talking. Only if Simon Taufel would wanna refree in League instead of cricket.

Also Buderus is too over rated. All the games I've seen him all he does is passes the ball. Get Wingy out there...we need more running players like him. I wouldnt mind if Stuart Webb gets a crack at it....he used to be prety good when he played for the Roosters.

I don't care too much about the ref decisions, but I enjoyed the game.

A rare break from Subway- we were given (as advertisers on Channel 9) tickets to the game. This included luch before with drinks, drinks and food on the bus on the way up and back, A reserve tickets, and a taxi ride home after we arrived back in Canberra.

I almost didn't make it, as I was just about out the shop door when an employee called in sick- for a shift which had started 10 minutes aerlier. Fortunately I found somebody who could come in on extremley short notice :D

It always depends on the players and the night,but i was told later today
that Wally Lewis/KING WALLY/ rang every player and said give it 110%
for me because i can't be there,FAIR enough the pass was foward
but BIG WILLIE and all the rest should leave their:D handbags in
NSW next time because it will end 3 nil..
good luck willair

No doubt that pass was forward , but the ref set the standard earlier in the game by letting many other forward passes be missed as well.
As a NSW supportter - I hate to say we were beaten by the better team. We had nothing in attack (our only try came from dummy half) - the QLD defence was excellent.
As long as Thurston and Lockyer are there , we are in trouble.
Bring back Freddy.....

I thought the score flattered NSW, once again our defensive forwards went missing.

It seems NSW tried out a new strategy, use the backs to defend and attack with the forwards, I could have told them it wouldn't work :(

As much as i hate to admit it, QLD did perform better...even though the bulk of possession went NSW way, the QLD defensive line was stunning, especially inside their own 20m...

and yes, we need to get some mongrel up forward again...can't keep relying on the backs...how good was Brett Stewart though...I think Minichello may have a problem in the not too distant future if the kid keeps playing like that!

bring back Sironen!!!:D

Federal Court Ruling from the Melbourne Age, Australia (AP) -

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New South Wales State of Origin team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

I was pretty surprised that Hayne was the ref. There are some other refs who are more deserving of the spot than him. I still remember how he sent off Peachy few years back just because he was waving his hands while he was talking. Only if Simon Taufel would wanna refree in League instead of cricket.

Also Buderus is too over rated. All the games I've seen him all he does is passes the ball. Get Wingy out there...we need more running players like him. I wouldnt mind if Stuart Webb gets a crack at it....he used to be prety good when he played for the Roosters.
I think Steve Clark should have controlled the game & Shayne Hayne proved that he is not up to it. The reason he sent Peachy off was because the week before, Ben Kennedy (Newcastle) had a go at Paul Simpkins. All the referees were told not to cop backchat from players... Hayne was inexperienced back then & wanted to look like he was standing up to Peachy, so sent him off for not listening! Cronulla got beaten by 50+.

Agree that Buderus is overrated but I think Wing is ready for the switch to Rugby... some changes need to be made to NSW & the referee

Back