The Art of Gen X/Y

There is something totally incorrect about this situation. If this kid is aged 30 and has completed specialty training, he doesn't need to "find a job". He can set up in private practice anywhere he pleases, earning megabucks.

Otherwise, I would personally be glad to employ him at higher than RMO rates.

That is simply not how it is. Perhaps as a GP you could do it but just about every specialty has other barriers to entry in private practice. Medicine is like a guild with most practitioners belonging to small groups of sub specialties. The work is referred by other practitioners eg GP to surgeon, medical imaging or pathology. Surgeon to anaethetist, etc etc.

So on the basis of the above, my question is :D Where are the motivated guys?? Apart from the motivated friends we have made on SS...I barely know any.

Hi :p

I guess a lot of people prefer the easier option of following the direction of others rather than risking things and going out on their own and taking the risk.

Hell, I took the gamble of leaving a well paid, secure government job to be involved (as a owner) of a start up design firm during a weak period of the economy. It's not easy, but the rewards are so much greater. Both in a long term financial aspect, but also in personal rewards and how you see yourself.

given the divorce laws, id certainly be putting more education/effort into educating my boys as opposed to girls,

the mans life can be ruined in a very short period of time, whereas a "I do" from the lady is almost a guaranteed paycheck........

im sure subconsciously society does take the above into consideration

But isn't this a reason to put equal effort into educating daughters?

Why would any father deliberately not educate his daughters so their only path to a better lifestyle is to marry a man rather than give them the education and tools to be able to become successful and independant in their own right? Unless you belong to a culture where women are seen as chattels to be traded off to the highest bidder once they hit childbearing age...

Why would any father deliberately not educate his daughters so their only path to a better lifestyle is to marry a man rather than give them the education and tools to be able to become successful and independant in their own right? Unless you belong to a culture where women are seen as chattels to be traded off to the highest bidder once they hit childbearing age...

Well said natmarie. Totally agree. If you want to see a change, you have to change your OWN paradigm. Rather than prepare your daughters to do the same that you feel isn't "right".

It's a shame. I thought in a western country views would be different. But there exist a lot of prejudices.

given the divorce laws, id certainly be putting more education/effort into educating my boys as opposed to girls,

the mans life can be ruined in a very short period of time, whereas a "I do" from the lady is almost a guaranteed paycheck........

im sure subconsciously society does take the above into consideration

I dont know where to start with this post. It's scary that ypure responsible for the wellbeing of kids

well I disagree with that one, on the basis what I mentioned previously is true, the woman has a plan A, if plan A fails, then revert to plan B which is pretty simple and all you need is chromosomes to qualify,

compared to a male
if their plan A fails, their plan B involves them starting from the absolute bottom of the bottom, ie 40+years old, broke, living in a 1bdr apartment, having little access to your kids, bald, fat, smelly

now if you were a good non gambling parent to 5 boys and 5 girls, wouldnt you educate the boys better since the odds of them being screwed over are monumentally higher!!

its an absolute no brainer for me, parents cant change the laws so you have to do the best in a bad situation,

Saying: "Dont hate the playa, Hate the game!"

I dont know where to start with this post. It's scary that ypure responsible for the wellbeing of kids
why? cant handle reality?

its an absolute no brainer for me, parents cant change the laws so you have to do the best in a bad situation,

Saying: "Dont hate the playa, Hate the game!"

Please don't pretend to know the "divorce laws" when you actually don't. I understand from your previous posts that you may have gotten a raw deal in your own separation matter, and I sympathise with you - but one case doesn't speak for the entire legal framework.

Please don't pretend to know the "divorce laws" when you actually don't. I understand from your previous posts that you may have gotten a raw deal in your own separation matter, and I sympathise with you - but one case doesn't speak for the entire legal framework.

i dont claim to know that ins and outs, but I can say that I would know more then you unless you are directly involved in family law
that I can assure you, no offence

compared to a male
if their plan A fails, their plan B involves them starting from the absolute bottom of the bottom, ie 40+years old, broke, living in a 1bdr apartment, having little access to your kids, bald, fat, smelly

So now it's the fault of women if middle aged men get bald, fat and smelly?

I suppose you could argue the bald part can be blamed on a woman (i.e. the mother) considering balding is hereditary through the mother's bloodline.

But the fat and smelly part is all on you, buddy.

I suppose you could argue the bald part can be blamed on a woman (i.e. the mother) considering balding is hereditary through the mother's bloodline.

Nah it's all the fault of them wimmins.

i dont claim to know that ins and outs, but I can say that I would know more then you unless you are directly involved in family law
that I can assure you, no offence

I'm actually a currently practising family lawyer, among other things.

But I agree that this thead has gone off course and we should all stay on track.

Interesting article regarding how Aussies do seem to spend more efforts in educating their boys rather their girls.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...an-girls-experts/story-fnet085v-1226682195444

it wasnt my intention to blame fat, bald and smelly on the opposite gender, I dont think it came across that way even after I reread, it was more pointing out the positions people are more likely to be in, with the current legal system

I'm actually a currently practising family lawyer, among other things.

But I agree that this thead has gone off course and we should all stay on track.

well then you would and should know more then me!!

Yes agreed with china. Other option is to consider oseas opportunities. My brother is an ex trauma nurse now working for a company in uzbekistan earning 650k per annum as a field nurse. Took him time to get to that position but better than working for normal nursing wages.

Yes agreed with china. Other option is to consider oseas opportunities. My brother is an ex trauma nurse now working for a company in uzbekistan earning 650k per annum as a field nurse. Took him time to get to that position but better than working for normal nursing wages.

Uzbekistan is quite unstable and 650k is really "danger money" wherein your life is on the line. But I guess you can get run over crossing the street in the middle of Vaucluse.

Uzbekistan is quite unstable and 650k is really "danger money" wherein your life is on the line. But I guess you can get run over crossing the street in the middle of Vaucluse.

... and that would be okay because it would probably be a Roller that hits you, right? And if you're going to be hit by a car, might as well be a posh one...:D:p

And quite possibly driven by a doctor... :p

Back