The Block

haha apparently that $5,240 or whatever is charged directly to Telstra from the overseas carrier so by waiving it Telstra has worn the entire cost on your behalf. Who says charity doesn't exist?

... was waiting for a bite on that one. He is hot tho!

Also, helps that he is straight, has great sense of style and a sense of humour ... from memories of "Home Made" he was just a really nice guy!

Actually, that was a good show. I enjoyed how each week the team had to renovate and entire house. They mostly had some pretty stunning (and a few awful) ideas

Picked up 2 good ideas off the other stylist and I am waiting to see Katrina and Amy's lounge room to see if they can ramp it up.

I wonder how much it would cost to use a stylist in your own home eg hire them to go out and purchase furniture and nicknacs and arrange?

Regards
Sheryn

The Block is Open For Inspection between 10am and 1.00pm this Sunday, all 4 houses with each of the couples in attendance

I would go and have a look but I think it will be chaos!!!!!!

Chris

Really cheesed at the girls this week - sitting having a whinge that they are not blokes!

Even I can have a go at gyprocking! If it needs doing then just get stuck in and just do it, girls.

Really starting to admire Rod and Waz.

I agree Lizzie, I would have had those sheets up in the time they spent whinging. It may be the way it was edited but they did come across badly.

Loved the way Waz got stuck into that wall...he is so pleased when he learns a new skill, its great to watch

Felt very sorry for Rod, that funeral really hit him

They do all look tired

Chris

I agree Lizzie, I would have had those sheets up in the time they spent whinging. It may be the way it was edited but they did come across badly.

it may be the editing ... but aren't they whiny? And they couldn't have a crack at the plasterboard but they've got time to get their hair and nails done.
Must be the editing I guess, but they are getting on my nerves! :confused:

Hubby and I laugh at Josh and Jenna 'cause, now the pressure is on, they are exactly what we are like.

Well get f'd ... You have no idea ... Why can't I - because - But why!?

And then Josh saying the wall would be navy blue and Jenna saying it would be charcoal - haha - because I was arguing on Jenna's side and hubby piped up with "what's wrong with navy, you painted the chimney breast in blue."

Blue!!???? It's blimin' Ironstone grey. Nothing like blue. No wonder we have problems when they can't even distingush colour.

p.s. I remember years ago he had a purple sweatshirt that he always insisted was brown ... but it was sooooo purple!

OOOH Lizzie that reminds me so much of Alan and I...he painted one of the IPs in what I called blue and he called grey!!!!

I am now stuck with a blue ip which I said to my son I will paint grey :D thats one of the big reno's I intend doing toward the end of the year. I am sure Alan will be watching over me saying....it is grey !!!!

Chris

Hoping Polly and Waz win.

Me too.

Oh, and on the, 'Is it navy blue or charcoal?' thing - hubby gets all fired up (which is hilarious as he's normally so cool, calm and chilled) when I call the colours of charcoal or gun-metal grey or dark grey, etc 'light black'. To me, they're more like a 'light black' colour than anything else? I once had to describe a car to him and I called it 'light black'. He went on and on that there is 'no such colour' and 'you can't call it that!' Why not? Light black is what it looks like!

it may be the editing ... but aren't they whiny? And they couldn't have a crack at the plasterboard but they've got time to get their hair and nails done.
Must be the editing I guess, but they are getting on my nerves! :confused:

I agree, they are starting to give me the sheets. What support they had as being the underdogs is rapidly evaporating. They expect everything done for them, don't want to make an effort even when people go out of their way to help them to help themselves. First the gyprocking, then the dog house - if Scott had not showed them what to do and encouraged them to have a go they would have still been standing their crying unfair and waiting for someone to do it for them - and been $2k poorer.

To much "girly" in them ;), I bet their hubbies cringe sometimes when the girls get together.

I must admit I am softening to Polly and Waz, they are tryers, and Rod has always got stuck into it, a hard worker.

In the sister's defence I have to say you don't see Jenna or Rod's wife doing that much 'tradie' stuff. They've got their men doing it. And that's fine but I think the sister's were intitled to a bit of stumble when it came to knocking up a dog kennel etc.

I think the sisters did 'suck it up' and had a go in the end, and are doing well.

I couldn't imagine leaving my young kids and going through it all with cameras stuck in your face all the time. I know when I'm tired I cry at the smallest things.

Jenna and Josh are very entertaining, I think they are well suited to each other.

When the sisters applied they surely understood they would need to do renovation "stuff". Neither of them had used a power tool, which I find surprising being as they had been involved with renovations and if being selected surely you would practice??? Maybe thats just me.

I know that since Alan died I have learnt an enormous amount by trial and error. I had always been the painting one and he was the power tools and handy one but once you have to do it by yourserlf, you become the everything person :D Sometimes my son comes down and teaches me how to do things!!!

Polly and Waz are such tryers...its great to see them develop. Rod and Tania work so hard, I can't help but hope they win. I did love their kennel.

I am enjoying this season...I could not get into the last one

Chris

Well yes, I agree, they should have had a play with doing stuff before going on the show. Who knows? They quite possibly did and the editing is showing us what the producers want us to see.

And you could argue that last year the two fat tradies must have known that the rooms would have to be furnished and decorated to a high standard (ie. ironed bedding etc.) and they should have practiced that side of things.

Yes, I think Rod works hard but Tania I'm not sold on yet. She seems quite nice and supportive which is lovely but we don't see much her doing the dirty work.

The Block houses for all 4 couples are up on real.com.au but the pictures only show what has been revealed so far on TV so no lounge room as yet.

We are in Queensland at the moment visiting and I found it strange that the episode we saw in NSW on Thursday night on 9 was shown in Queensland on Friday night on 9.

Looking forward to tonight's rooms.

Cheers
Sheryn

Kitchen photos in this months' Australian House and Garden. Again, not blown away by any of them - rather bland in a dramatic black and white and timber sort of way.

Back