The Block

Oh I meant plan out the furniture/kitchen/bathroom ahead of time.

I agree - you'd do a lot of your styling, sourcing and pricing beforehand - well, I would anyhow - and then adjust it to fit whatever you are given.

It's a given you'll be in a capital city, so I be heading down to the local Bunnings, Target, Ikea, Freedom, Reece etc, see what is available and make a general plan.

I'd also be buying, via ebay, all my sheets, towels etc for the whole house in the first week. If I ended up with extra - so be it. Still cheaper than buying at the last minute.

Having seen the twins on last night's episode, it is clear they would not have lasted!!!!

This series is very much entertainment more than a renovation show. I am really enjoying the challenges, its keeping the interest going.

I will be overseas on the last week...so it looks like I will have to take the laptop to keep up to date :D

Chris

Just had a good look over The Renovators web site. They seem to have a good selection of experienced people - but maybe The Block contestants read the same way (have not bothered to read).

There are some similarities between shows - contests etc, renovating in a massive warehouse etc. I suspect Channel 9 got word of what Channel 10 was doing and got in first - Channel 9 has the experience and recipe up their sleeve which can be easily tweaked, whereas channel 10 doesn't and has probably been in the planning longer than this years The Block (which it ain't anymore).

6 nights a week for 3 months, and promises to show the nitty gritty renovating stuff that half of us want to see. But how is this, the 26 contestants compete to win one of the 6 houses scattered across Sydney to renovate, but can be eliminated and someone else gets the house to continue working on. This could get interesting, or bloody frustrating if you have completely different likes to the last person and trying to keep it consistent instead of looking like a dogs breakfast.

Was there a Friday night episode of The Block this week?

Was the raising money for charity the last episode of The Block screened as previously we didn't have the Friday night episode screened locally until 7.30pm on Saturday?

Anyway I have looked up the TV guide for tonight...

6.30pm The Block
7.30pm Grand Designs
8.30pm The Renovators

Now if the 3 TV stations can keep their programmes staggered as above it will be great viewing for me!

Kind Regards
Sheryn

*drools* I can feel my backside growing fatter and my eyes turning squarer just thinking about it!

laser eye surgery (never looked back) and rice cakes!

We never got a Friday/Saturday show this week either - the Friday night one is shown on Saturday here - due the the Rugby (stooopid rugby). I assume there just wasn't an end of week show this week as couldn't find anything online either.

Tonights veiwing:

as above followed by ... Escape to the Country and 60 minute makeover (if I can make it)

Last edited:
*drools* I can feel my backside growing fatter and my eyes turning squarer just thinking about it!

i'm hearing you sister ... have just booked the telly for tonight's viewing. The rest of the family can watch their Merlin and their MasterChef on the teeny weeny screen in the study, should they so desire :D.

We had a 30 min wrap up on Friday....nothing new...just going over the week

Nothing Saturday

Back tonight at 6.30 with the room reveals

7.30 Great Designs

8.30 Renovators

Then A Place in the Country

60 Minute Makeover

Then Cadel cycling into history - local lad so have to watch..plus he will be riding past a friend's house in France....might have to have a nanna nap tomorrow :D

I am so glad I had the new tv installed in the bedroom 3 weeks ago

Chris

With the exception of Polly and Waz's built-in storage in their main bedroom, what do the contestants have against bedside chests beside the beds? Most of them have used little useless stools instead of more practical side tables with drawers. Where are people supposed to store their...um...'smalls'? I know I for one do NOT want my 'Reginald Grundys' on show - as pretty and trendy as those little stools may look my bloomers are not... although they may come in handy as 'guard undies' and good for scaring away would-be robbers.

I agree...not just the undies what about the book you read in bed, the clock radio...etc etc...those silly little tables wouldn't hold anything!!!!!

I did like the walk in robe, plenty of room for all my shoes :D

Chris

Well, I don't think those little stools are pretty OR trendy. They are just useless. There are many things a person might want to store beside their bed, and those things just don't cut it. I though one of the judging criteria was functionality?

totally underwhelmed again - and sadly - I did think Josh and Jenna's bathroom was the best.

BUT - the bathroom on the renovators was wow ... and I like that floor/feature tile! Anyone know where it's from?

I agree...not just the undies what about the book you read in bed, the clock radio...etc etc...those silly little tables wouldn't hold anything!!!!!

agree - there was a distinct lack of storage in all the rooms ... says Lizzie who is refusing to forgo one cm of her proposed 6m linear wardrobe (total around 8m hanging space!) :D

I did like the walk in robe, plenty of room for all my shoes :D

Chris

Now now at their age they probably do other things in bed every night rather than reading and wearing undies to bed ;) ;)

Young people don't have clocks or radios anymore they have their iphones to listen to music and alert/alarm to wake them up + the iphone can be used as a torch as well.

Not sure about your undies though I have always stored mine in a cupboard.

Hubby is upset I threw out my 39 year old set of lime green ports as he reckons I could have used them as furniture in our bedroom! :D

Last night's show was to promote Belle magazine, I thought it was going to be a bit of a fizzer but I did get some practical hits out of the show.

I reckon the stylist goes shopping, picks out what he wants, truck delivers it to a photography studio, he puts display together etc and consumers buy magazine for $8 or thereabout.

What a good job...:p

Regards
Sheryn

I am really enjoying The Block but will be overseas for the last week...so...went out yesterday and bought a new laptop to take with me so I can watch it :D

I needed to stop using the iphone while I was away as the May trip resulted in an iphone bill of $5240 for data downloading:eek: I did get the bill adjusted but was warned they would only do it once...so this trip the international roaming will be turned off and I will use the laptop on wireless from the hotel

Chris

Telstra but they wiped it when I phoned, with the warning that they would only wipe it out out once.

I went into Telstra yesterday and asked for advice on how to avoid it and was told not to turn on international roaming, each download costs $20 apparently!!!!

I will stick to the laptop while I am away. The phone calls were negligible by the way!!!

Chris

Back