This is getting scary...

I think I'm getting a little bit scary to be around....
Yesterday I went house shopping, with a specific objective.
Firstly I looked at a house built of besser bricks, and the thought ran through my mind - gee, if you rendered the outside of this place to hide the ugly bricks, it would look heaps better - a reno project!
Then I looked at a house that's being trashed to bits by local kids, and the thought ran through my mind - I wouldn't bother trying to renovate this, you'd be fighting the odds with the kids coming back and ruining your work, I'd pull it down and build 2 or maybe 3 units - a development project.
The third house I looked at was quite nice and only needed a small amount of work, and was selling well under other similar houses in that area, and the thought ran through my mind, I could buy this and wrap it, or maybe even flip it, or....
Anywhere I drive now I'm looking at houses along the road, and thinking of ways you could make money from them, regardless of whether they're for sale or not!
I think I need help!!!!!

Lissy,
I know what you mean I am waiting to settle on my first IP. Before I found it I was going mad looking at anything and every thing.

Though it would stop once I found one..:)

Lissy,

I understand exactly how u are feeling. I live in an apartment for the last 4years, never touch soil with my bare hands. Recently, i bought a house & done some gardenning for the first time and ever since that day everywhere i turn my head i am thinking 'oh yeah, that need trimming' or 'that's a nice plant'. It's freaky !

I can't seem to block out any thoughts now when i see plant & flowers.

Is there a name for this condition ?

:)

An obsession with plants and flowers is called Florimania...

but Im pretty sure thats not the answer you were looking for :p

Nigel, I know!! I've been working on it...
And PT Bear - I don't know whether to be flattered or scared :D
And look! I've cracked 400 posts, woohoo!!!!

Originally posted by Lissy
And PT Bear - I don't know whether to be flattered or scared :D

To quote myself talking to my wife:

"If there's two ways to take something I said where one way is a good way and the other is a bad way, take it the good way."

Be flattered. I only stalk agents.

Lissy

I know how you feel, I can't look at a tenanted house without wondering how much it costs, how much the rent is and how I can stalk the owner so I can offer to buy it!
I have my eye on numerous houses that I am "willing" the owners to put on the market each time I see them. My bedtime reading is the property guide each Saturday, cover to cover......................

Mallee

Lissy,

Ditto - and when I am over at friends' houses I undress their place & work out what I would do to improve it :)

Even worst, my kids keep suggesting we fix up other peoples' houses & sell them!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Originally posted by Aceyducey
when I am over at friends' houses I undress at their place & work out what I would do to improve it

That sounds a bit kinky !

oops - I promised I'd behave didn't I ? Oh well, too late now :D

Originally posted by Lissy

Anywhere I drive now I'm looking at houses along the road, and thinking of ways you could make money from them, regardless of whether they're for sale or not!
I think I need help!!!!!

.........................and it gets worse..............

regards

I am just starting to see what you guys mean!
We are in the process of buying IP no.1, and I am having dreams about offering friends money for their backyard space!
Don't know what I'd do with it though?

Mrs Chris1

At a bbq in my mums backyard with my brothers discussing the pros and cons of renting out our old cubby house to some poor unfortunates!

EVERYTHING becomes a potential rental. (We’re quite normal otherwise……:)

What really killed the idea was that the area mums house is in is oversupplied with rentals at present. Everything else could be solved we reckoned!
This conversation went on for most of the day laughing all the way…..

Hi
Yes it seems to be an ongoing problem.
But just to keep the head noises down, we only look at houses that we can change, not yet into property dev, or demolish and re-build, (yet ;) )

Bubbleroo
Imagine how "It gets worse" when you realise how fast some of those plants grow, their value, and how much value they add to a property.
Conversation in our car, "Wow, look at that garden, looks great, must be worth 'X' . Notice when you drive arond how quite often you don't even see the house, but love 'the place'

Lissy - Ditto. But you really need help when you can make money from someones house when its not for sale. (But tell me how you did it first :D )
jahn

Back