TIFU - My regrets as a 46-year-old, and advice to others at a crossroad

This is the classic female comment, "You do know [blah blah], don't you?", implying you?re a bit of an idiot.

Blokes beware.

Most guys here know property_girl is a troll so we don't feed her.

Hey Datto, some of us are not too quick on the take up with those things.

Maybe he was a cuckold or too busy trying to be a resource-provider and missed the signs. Humans can be very sneaky and deceptive so it's possible she covered her tracks. He had no idea until she confessed, probably because she now wants a divorce and 60% of his assets.

Last edited:
Maybe he was a cuckold or too busy trying to be a resource-provider and missed the signs. Humans can be very sneaky and deceptive so it's possible she covered her tracks. He had no idea until she confessed, probably because she now wants a divorce and 60% of his assets.

lol, these flights of fancy are revealing, and told with such passion! Noone would guess you're responding to a 'farable'. Dex, you missed your calling as soap opera script writer.

Typical of these harpy women who see men as walking wallets! Beware men, for all women are succubi, ready to steal your money, drain you of your spirit, wrench your heart out of your chest, and spit out your soul when she's done.

To paraphrase property_girl ... succubi, ready to steal your money, drain you of your spirit, wrench your heart out of your chest, and spit out your soul when done... sounds like my last job! :mad:

It reads like bad fiction, obviously BS.

Even if his story were true, I don't find it particularly sad. A 46 year bemoaning that he never finished his novel or traveled the world to help homeless people? He sounds like a typical narcissistic 20 year old on Facebook.

Judging by the quality of writing in his post, his novel was going to be rubbish. And he wants to help homeless people? He could volunteer at his local Salvos or St Vinnies or donate some of his hard earned banker's dough. Not glamorous enough? Too mundane? Then he should shut up and stop whingeing.

I really don't understand the appeal of the 'farable'.

who cares if its true or fales or a troll

im sure fairy tales like cindarella and hansel and grettel may not have been true

but if it inspires or makes you change your life, then its well worth reading it

re the original reddit story, hundreds of people have responded in the comments section to JohnJerryson, sharing their inspirational thoughts or pained empathy which also makes for interesting reading

Stories like these (true or not, although I'm betting on not) is why I spend a bit of time each day (usually in the crapper) thinking over my life, what I've done, what to do next, etc.

I've recently done the whole quarter-life crisis thing, and it's given me the push to make my life more about living than just going thru the motions. Not just finding my passions, but actually following through to make them a reality.

Sadly, a lot of peers who go through a quarter-life just end up taking a round-the-world trip, then come back to the same old lives which led to their crisis in the first place. That's why these dunny sessions are so useful, since they force me to think over these issues every day.

Like Subreddit: the philosophy of rape? Where someone actually gave an account of the rapes he had committed. That post has now been taken down, but some of the responses are still there. The tragedy is that young boys read that rubbish.

Like Subreddit: the philosophy of rape? Where someone actually gave an account of the rapes he had committed. That post has now been taken down, but some of the responses are still there. The tragedy is that young boys read that rubbish.

How do you know about these type of things :confused:

Back